you guys all done w/ cleanups???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnnyWill, Dec 5, 2007.

1. JohnnyWill

JohnnyWill LawnSite Member
    from Boston

i'm stunned there hasn't been more griping regarding this little pissy amount of snow & ice keeping us from working.

i got 30 full cleanups left to do and 10 partials (about 10 working days) and i'm a little freaked, cuz its alot of money. money i'm hoping will go towards next year, some into savings some to get my bills pd thru the winter.

you guys are pretty calm so i gotta assume you're all done. with the late leaf drop here and then the early snow we only got half done and i'm just praying for a good melting.....:cry:
  2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not done but most have had several leaf maintenance services so they are not sitting there with a blanket of leaves on their lawn. They just need a final rain gutter cleanout and the beds cleaned.
  3. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

Just starting.

Leaves were very late at falling this year.
  4. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

Im not done and if I dont finish? Ill chip away at the remaining clean ups through the winter.
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We still had about 10 left but they can wait until spring, no big deal. Time to make some real money with the white stuff!!!!payuppayup
  6. grapeford

grapeford LawnSite Member

The little snow we had just won't leave. It's a little better near the coast where we have a lot of customers. I'm ready to wrap it up.
  7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

4 inches of snow here and it doesn't seem to be melting very fast. I only had a few cleanups left so if the snow goes then i'll finish up otherwise they will have to stay until spring. I had to plow on Monday.
  8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We usually start our final clean-ups after Thanksgiving. This fall, the leaves didn't drop hard until the 4 day period from Black Friday thru the following Monday. We worked like dogs last week doing about 175 places clearing all turf, hardscape and at least the front 1/2 of the beds from our properties. Keep in mind, leaf p/u in this area runs in most towns thru the end of December. Monday, winds avg = 35 MPH w/ gusts to 50, Tues, winds 20 w/ gusts to 35-40, Wed, snow on ground (too much to work with by 1:00PM) Next week - much warmer, but calling for rain M-F. The snow from yesterday has not even started to melt yet and there is 1-2" on most turf and bed areas. Will miss tomorrow again and calling for snow to rain tomorrow.

Every landscaper in this area is in the same boat. We will be working most Saturdays to do what we have to do in order to complete our work schedule. I finally got my leaf vac on my truck Moday & its seen a total of 6 places out of about 200. I'll be doing leaves thru mid January again this year.
  9. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

I second that.
  10. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

hell yeah, 2 final clean ups done out of 60... I'm hoping snow melts so I can finish em up.