You guys are gonna love this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victor, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't believe I haven't shared this with you guys yet.

Last I took my box truck out to this guys store that sells a lot of LCO-type equipment. I went out there to buy some blower racks for my truck. When I finished paying for the racks. He followed me out to my truck. He stood by me, as I opened the back door, and then watched me climb up into the back. After I had put the boxes down. I saw him looking around with a smile on his face. He said that he really liked my setup, and had never seen a cutting rig like it before. He mentioned the eyewash station, fire extinguisher, work bench, portolet, and he he even mentioned that he liked the conveyor belt material that I have on the floor, for traction purposes. He asked if it kept the mowers from sliding around, and I told him it did a great job of that.

Then it happened!!

His eyes came to rest on my Lazer.......he paused for a moment......and then had the nerve to ask....."why in the world did you buy that thing though?" I said, "what...my Lazer?" He replied, "yea." I said, "well I love the craftsmanship, the quality of cut, and the dealer I bought it from." Then I asked him, what the mower was that he thought I should have gotten. He went on to tell me that I should have bought one of his Encore Prowlers. He told me that the guys that started Encore used to work for Exmark, and that they took all of the technologyy that that learned from making Exmark mowers, and built on that when they started making Encore mowers. He went on to tell me that the Encores are better built machines than the Exmarks are, and that if I would have tried a Prowler out, before I had bought the Lazer. I would have seen that it gives a better cut than the Lazer gives. Buy this time I'm $......... my pants with laughter. I just couldn't believe how full of it this guy was. He pointed at my front casters, and said. "Look at those. What do you see different between your front casters, and the front casters on my Prowler?" I said, that the only difference I saw was the fact that the casters on the Prowler had a grooved tread on them. He said "exactly". I thought (the front casters don't help hold the mower on hills, all of that kind of work is done by the back tires). The only sensible benefit that he mentioned was the lower price of the Encore equipment. I wound up thanking him for his time, and drove off laughing. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but he tried to make it sound like Exmark made entry level equipment. Even compared to other brands like Bobcat, or Bunton.

I thought this was too funny. I guess whaterver it takes for him to try to sell his mowers he's gonna do. Oh well.

I just thought you guys would get a kick out of this story.

Vic

2. lilred731

lilred731 LawnSite Member

Souds like a sales pitch to me.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Ya,a poor sales pitch to anyone who knows anything about the subject.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Bwahahhahahahaha!!!! ROFLMAO stop it stop it! I'm crying i'm laughing so hard!

What an idiot. What's their phone number I'd like to call him and harass him alittle, mess with his mind :D

5. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

I have a good friend that's also an Encore dealer...he tries his hardest to get me to switch to Encore over my Exmark...NO WAY...Encore is cheaper, but you get what you pay for...in a city of 1 million or more, it's extremely rare to seen any company using Encore...my friend is also a certified Kawasaki/Briggs & Stratton mechanic, so when I have problems with that, I'll let him repair them...I do have an Encore 36" on the trailer that gets about 1 hour of use per week, and it does like to eat blade spindle bearings:eek:

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I looked at a 61" Encore prowler, with a 27HP Liquid-Cooled Daihatsu Diesel Engine, sticker new was almost $15,000. What makes him think that's cheaper than eXmark? Looked like a solid machine though, thick deck, much more agileness to the floating deck it seemed, anyone know anything BAD about these mowers, or why the price is so high? I don't know a lot about them, do they hold up, cut nice, etc.?

Thanks,
    ~Nest

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Just a salesman trying to sale his product.

8. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a dealer around here where the guys behind the counter I know have never mowed much grass in their lives, yet feel they know all the answers why their equipment is better than anyone elses. They sell hardly anything that most of us here on Lawnsite love. The only thing I buy from them are shovels and mower blades. Talk is cheap!

9. greensideup

greensideup LawnSite Member

A couple years ago I bought a 34" Encore rider for back yards & got rid of 37" toro walk behind. This was the worst decision I ever made. That encore was the biggest piece of ssss I have ever used. I had always run lazer hp's, so this concept of a small rider seemed good. This thing was in the shop more than it was on the job- and we only used it on small yards & back gated areas. I sold it at a huge loss before the warranty ran out. Went back to the toro hydro WB. I would not even consider another Encore. SCOTT

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

victor - a little off topic, but do you have any pictures of your setup? it sounds pretty sweet. also, does encore have a website? i'd like to see this badass machine he speaks of.