1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

You guys Still Finishing cleanups on north east too?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mexiking, Jan 11, 2008.

1. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Well as you know we had early snow in December, and none of the Final clean ups are done. This week we had a very lovely week with 50-60 degree weather. We were able to do a lot of clean ups and get an additional 5k for winter. I still need to finish up like 1/3 of my houses but I did all the good ones that pay $$$. I am hearing snow for monday , so I think that's all we'll be doing until spring as far as clean ups. Any of you on same boat?
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh yeah, I got my last g in as well, couple of jobs left and another to check on, then I think I'll peruse the schedule make sure I didn't miss anyone.
  3. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

Same here. i have one more to finish tommorrow but who knows. Then ill be plowing next week lol. Got to love this weather.

4. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

though i was done, with the weather change (50- 60 temps) getting some calls from some unscheduled cleanup accounts.
  5. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

finished sunday and cleaned and stored my stuff thurs. ... done. some problems with perma frost layer below thawed turf in shady areas working this time of year . I had to blow the leaves to sunny areas or the mower would slide on the frozen areas below the surface.
  6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Going out this morning (Sat) to finish a big one we started on Thursday. Hopefully then we will get over here to my house! Mine is one of the few on the block that isn't clean, go figure:laugh: I have maybe a day or two of work after today, a few very overdue clients who promised to send a check, I'll do the work if I get some $....
    Looking forward to a little time away from the business, away from the clients, away from the employees, away from the phone, need to recharge a bit.
  7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

have not finished dont know if I will finish?
  8. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yesterday was the last day. All the mowers are gettin the oil changed and are being put away. The only think i will take out if needed are the blowers.
  9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Done today!:cool2: Damn, I thought that would never end. Clean-ups done, trucks empty, equipment put away. It was an ugly season, but we made it! Time for a :drinkup: