you guys that do town home complexes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Mar 25, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

question #1how do you not run into cars when your there mowing it seems it's so tight in there you barely have room to turn a car around?

#2how do you not throw rocks through windows do you have mulching blades and a cover on the discharge.

#3what do you use to cut these units it seems they are landscaped to beat the band, there is small mountain every 10 feet and trees every where how do you not scalp?

i have a 48" walk behind is this to big for these units?

2. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

Cut it with 21s. Fly through it. Trim around cars. Have insurance. You can cut about anything with a 48, but the 21s are fast in tight areas.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We picked up a complex a few years ago when the previous guy kept hitting the homes. There wasn't any real damage but the residents kept complaining. We use 36" hydro WB because you can get around the little areas much better. The real small areas are done with weed eaters to save time....it just takes too long to have a guy running around with the 21". I just bought a used Walker to see how it would work in this situation....but I only got the 36" bagger deck.

4. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

is it pretty common to bag as i don't do bagging in the cutting months?

5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

#1 - Be carefull
    #2 - Be carefull
    #3 - Be carefull

I only do apartments, town houses and condos. Right now I bag it with a 42" walker and a jd 21". In a few short weeks I will be getting a 48" hydro Gravely w/mulch kit. I comtemplated between the 36" and the 48" but if you can get a 36" you can usually get in a 48".