You has a kawi v-twin?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Twotoros, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

If so do you like it. My next mower may have one.
  2. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search.. some guy just posted this same question like 3-4 days ago.. a lot of people responded...
  3. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I have a FH680D (23hp air cooled) on my Exmark Lazer 60"

2 words:

LOVE IT!

Once I figure out how to add dual-filtration and oil/hydro coolers on it I'll be set. :D
  4. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

I have 14hp and 17hp Kawasaki v-twins on both my Ferris dual drives and I love them. They start easy run smooth and alot quieter than any Kohler I have or have had. Some people complain about parts availability, but as long as you have a Kaw dealer around you, there's no problem. But since they're so reliable, all I've ever had to replace on one was a recoil. Also the oil filter and most air filters are universal through out the Kawasaki line.
  5. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

We have a 15 and a 19 Kawasaki. The 15 (recoil start) is a little hard to start, but it runs great, and the 19 is great
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I talked with the head guys from Kawi America several months ago about some concerns. They assured me they knew that had part distribution problems and were working them out. Since then, parts have seemed to be more avaliable in my area. I guess they really are working to get better. I've been pretty happy with my kawis.
  7. Twotoros

Sorry. It should read: "You hab de kowi-v-twen?"

I'm looking at the husqvarna 13hp v-36". It has the new ets(easy control system) and is 2499$. Other choices in town are toro(no to t-bar) scag(i'm sure it is more bux) JD:)laugh: ) or Club cadet:)p :laugh: :pumpkin: )

The husqie looks to me to be a very good product this season. I would like the 42" hydro but lawn sizes are small here.
  8. Yo who gots a Kowe v twenny.

I don no so g'dog gotsa aks somboddy.

Is that 36" a hydro?
  9. Twotoros

Gear on the 36". Wish they had a floating deck hydro.