1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

You heavy equipment guys might appreciate this

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by White Gardens, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit LawnSite Member

Older thread but I just finished building my ripper setup for my TL130 Saturday. Tested it out Sunday and its perfect.. We have a few bare spot a disc wouldn't break up so I built this using inspiration from this thread. Worked like a champ.

For the mounting plate I used and old set of forks. Cut and notched the bottom using a torch then welded in a piece of 4x4x1/4in square tubing 5ft long. The rest I used 1/4in flat bar for re-enforcements and 2x3x1/4 rectangle tubing for the shank mounts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Looks good!
    I rented one similar to that from my local Bobcat dealer a while back and it worked great. They had it abandoned in the back and the guy felt bad for charging me $400 for a months rental so instead he just sold it to me for $400.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit LawnSite Member

Cant beat that! I've got $196 in this one. That's rippers, steel flat bar, rectangle tubing and pins. The rest I had around the shop

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

My JD land plane has hydraulic scarifiers and works pretty good. First thought that came to mind when I saw the boar teeth attachment was that it would be a great rear stablizer for going up steeper slopes and for stablizing a machine while drilling post holes in addition to working as a ripper.
    Interesting concept but I can see a set (of the rear boar's teeth from the Utube video) getting ripped off a 10k lb CTL if you hit a stump.

The front mounted ripper looks more versatile for ripping.

6. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Where do you get the ripper teeth from?

7. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit LawnSite Member