1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

You know they're a scrub landscaper when...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Olylawnboy, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

So 75% of the people on here are scrubs I DOnt't Think so...
  2. When you can come to lawn-site and blame everyone but yourself for all your troubles...... ;) .......... :rolleyes: ..... :cry:
  3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Landscaping and lawn care are two totally different professions.Landscapers
    install the lawn and install the valves,timers and irrigation for them,they decide on and pick out and plant the plants.
    plan and install the planting beds,edging,rocks,do the grading for drainage
    install patios,walkways,pathways,arbors,gazebos,fences
    overheads,ponds,pools,streams,fountains and
    plant the tree's ,and apply the rock,mulch,soil
    They are the ones that have done pretty much everything that a lawncare professional see's when they drive up to the customers house to give mowing and maint price.If it has been professionaly landscaped..
    Lawncare professionals mow the lawn,fertilize,aerate,do applications,and maintain the edge,and sometimes repair and,reseed it.Blow off and go.They also mulch and do clean-ups and fall leaves.
    Now I did not say anybody was "lower"than anyone else.
    I just don't like these kids running around calling themselves landscapers :blob3: when they haven't paid their "Bust your ass" dues to this biz
    and don't know how to do jack but jump on a mower and grab a blower and keep an edge.Though I am sure they do that well. :D
  4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! People were arguing about this same topic 5 YEARS ago on here. I guess some things never change.
  5. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

so over the course of 3 years, he mows 1/3 as much as you do, and even then only 1 pass to your 2 or more? yet he keeps getting a renewal year after year? sounds like he's smart.