1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

You know you're a landscaper if...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Jul 5, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

You know you're a landscaper if...
    - You slow down when passing another LCO's truck and trailer to see what equipment he (or she) has.
    - You spend most of your shopping time in an outdoor power equipment dealer.
    - You laugh at homeowners with their inadequate 21" mowers.
    - You look forward to admiring the stripes on the baseball fields when watching a game on TV.

I saw these on a white board (like a chalkboard) at my local power equipment dealer, so I thought I'd share :cool: .
  2. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

Your on vacation in the carribean and you find a place in an alley, upstairs in a little room that charges 5.00 for fifteen minutes to go online. You pay your money and log onto Lawnsite.com
  3. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

LMAO,I was on vacation in hawaii and did the same thing!!!!!! ;)
  4. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Ha Ha@Checking Lawnsite on vacation!

You know you're a lawn-maintenance guy when you go to someones house and automatically give it a estimate in your head. :eek:
  5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I did the same thing a few months ago when I was in California. I kept using a friends laptop to check lawnsite whenever I got a chance.
  6. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

LMAO sellout, that was funny, I do the same thing. Or you notice how a little trimming, flowers and mulch would really spruce up the place.

O'Donnell Landscaping
  7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

8. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Ha Ha! I do that all the time! Even when I'm mowing a lawn, I'll say to myself "Dang, I'd put some nice flowers there, maybe a few scrubs, and some new mulch. This would be awesome looking." I never get around to telling the owner though. :rolleyes:

Oh, I didn't notice that. I like the smaller threads though. :D
  9. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

When you here a lawnmower, and you can tell what kind it is and it's horsepower. :)
  10. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

when u let your dog out to pee in your own yard and you cant see him over the tall grass.

i only do it for the exercise, i dont make money