You know you're a landscaper when.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sodgod, May 19, 2005.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I am thinking about putting a picture of my house and one of my customers. "Ours looks like this, because we spend all of our time making yours look like this."

You might be a landscaper if your lawn mower is worth more than your car.
    You might be a landscaper if your girlfriend gets turned on by the combination smell of sweat, diesel, mulch, grass, etc.
    You might be a landscaper if you vacuum the carpet in your house so it has strips in it. (don't laugh, I am not the only one who has done that)
    You might be a landscaper if Play Boy and Turf come in the mail on the same day and you read Turf first.

2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

you're on this site when you should be sleeping
    every pair of jeans you own are now green
    after a long week's work, you drive by a couple of your best striped properties
    you see one of your customers driving on their lawn and you mutter under your breath "get of my lawn a-hole, you're ruining my stripes"

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

forgot one....during slow growth season you drive past one of your properties and for a split second you swear it looks like it was cut...and not by you, and you sit motionless in the middle of the road in your truck staring to see if someone did actually steal one of your accounts, only to realize the grass hasn't grown, you let out a sigh of relief and then you and the 7 cars behind you get to contnue on their way.

4. gator-town

gator-town LawnSite Member
    from bfe

bottom line ... you know you are a landscaper when you have been sporting the same haircut (the mullet) for the past 25 years because some one told you in the early eightys (between bong hits) that it was known as "The Landscaper Mullet (a.k.a. The Ape Drape)" ... because the mullet was short on the top and sides, yet long and wavy in the back, it fit your landscapers philosophy of "Business in the front, party in the back" ... yeah thats the ticket !!!!

5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

You know you're a landscaper when your wife makes you leave your work boots outside/in the garage, because if you bring them in, the house smells like your truck overnight!

(goes along with the dog smells better than your boots!)

when you get excited about opening a new pair of ear plugs, instead of using those nasty ones from last week one more day!

when you'd rather wash the inside of the bed in your truck than the actual painted body!

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to remove your boots & socks before entering the house (grass must come off of socks prior to hitting hamper so you can't get sreamed at for grass in the washing machine again)

You get hollared at at least 2X's a week for leaving ear plugs in your pants and they come out in the wash

You forget to turn your socks right side out befor putting in the laundry and they dry in whatever position they leave your feet because your feet sweat so bad in workboots all day

You can no longer smell mulch and if you do it doesn't offend you

When you come home after a long day, the kids say man dad you need a shower - you stink!

When ever your wife points out a house she likes, you automatically go off critiquing the landscape

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

BC you too? She acts like she cares but is really interested in American Idol. :)

8. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

did u mean American Idiot? :rolleyes:

9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

When you pull into a neighborhood and can tell by the scent of grass in the air that a lawn has just been cut within a 5 block radius.

10. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

When you have a sprinker key on your key rings for the trucks.