1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

You Know You're Doing Commercial When You Find A...........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by groundsguy1970, Mar 28, 2002.

1. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

:cool: What's the craziest thing you've found while servicing a site? :cool:
    I've found everything from stolen cars, to bum camps, pakalolo, pipes, CDs......anybody got any crazy stories?
    :)

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I dont really do any commercials except i do all the maintence on my fathers two mobil gas stations. Ive found everything from full exhaust systems on the lawn next to the road, to those little baggies they put drugs in, and everything to a $20 bill i found one day.

3. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I used to service government housing inits. The lawns were full of bottles and diapers!

4. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

A Native American, in a shady spot on a church lawn, so soused I thought he was dead as my mower 6" from his head did not wake him. Had to call a cop to roust him.

5. McNeal Lawn

McNeal Lawn LawnSite Member

Found two $100.00 bills rolled up together at a shopping center, I never did find who lost them. LOL

6. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

Found a couple of used needles on a playground at a elementary school. I didn't know what to do so I was real careful and picked em up real carefully and put em in the dumpster. I figured I was more qualified to dispose of them than a curious young-un.

7. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I mow a retirement home and every week I find enough empty bottles of liquor to fill a 20 gal trash bag. I have found hundreds of bags of mary jane (also empty, except for mj dust). The projects are across the way.

8. JEFF ZALMANOFF

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

the worst thing has been underwear full of crap , diapers , and all kinds of car parts . lately cell phones , sunglasses , tools , lots of beer bottles . some people are really sick . they think comm. sites are landfills . jeff

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Twotoros - I hope you were kidding about mowing 6 inches from the drunks head!

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Whats a Bum Camp or a Pakalolo? :confused: