You know you've been in the truck too long

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by SCL, Dec 21, 2000.

1. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

After the last post of " PLowing, you either love it or not" I started thinking of ways to know when you've been in the truck too long, ala Jeff Foxworthy. This came to me at 4AM when I already had been in for too long and I came up with a couple. Feel free to join in:

You know you've been in the truck too long when:

The only song you allow in the Audiovox cassette player is Born to be wild just so you can scream the words " Born to plow powder" during the chorus part.

You start to wonder just how far a 55 gallon drum will fly if you hit it at 20 MPH straight on.

You knock the lenses out of you sunglasses just so you can wear them to plow in.

Help me out with this, I gotta go back to plowing.

2. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

1. you clean out more mail boxes than parking lots

2. you begin to like it there

3. you run out of room on the paper that your plow list is on

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

1. When you can's see the floor of your truck in the passenger's side because it is covered with coffee cups and soda bottles.

Geoff

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

good one Geoff,I start to throw them in the back,and they get stuffed down in between the v-box and the bed.

5. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

1-you claim that the geo metro was already at the top of the snow pile when you got there.

2-The coffee shop's intire staff knows you on a first name basis.

3-you plow the intire parking lot only to discover the next day the your blade was never lowered.

4-you start giggling at the slightest things.

5-you can't remember what you business name is.

6-you are talking about an interesting topic for an hour when you realize there is no one else in the truck.

7-you get to the next job on your route and realize you don't remember doing the last 5.

8-certian words start sounding funny.

9-all the guys at the local auto parst store put on gas masks as you walk in the door.

10-you get cast in a shaving commercial.

11-former clients start to get strange looking drifts at the end of their driveways each morning.

12-SIMA gives you an award for "least amount of sleep in one month".

6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

When:

What Geoff said... and

You actually turn the AC on low.

Figure you'll just sleep in the truck until it starts snowing again.

You think it's OK to wear your insulated coveralls to Christmas dinner at your in laws, and that you are "well dressed".

Have a perfect "hat head" hair style and think it looks good.

Consider keeping a razor in your ash tray, and a can of shave cream in the drink holder.

Carry a toothbrush, toothpaste and a bottle of water in your glove box.

Start surfing the web on your cell phone between stops.

Start looking for 12 volt appliances for your truck, like a coffee maker, TV, and a toaster oven.

Have an urge to plow barefoot, since you won't be getting out anytime soon.

Consider getting a 12v "back massage" mat for your seat.

Start thinking of a way to install a sink in your center console.

Consider replacing your passenger seat with a porta-potty.

Consider putting an "addition" on your bed, such as a second floor over the salter, with a raised roof, and a dormer for a full bath.

Consider replacing your bed with a cargo box so you have room to entertain guests.

Man I need sleep, and I haven't even been plowing!

~Chuck

7. GrassGoddess

GrassGoddess LawnSite Member

When:
    -your significant other doesn't recognize you
    -your head starts to itch cause you've had your hat on too long--may be one of the reasons words start sounding funny!
    -when you talk extra 5 minutes with the 7-11(stop 'n go/quick e mart/6-12/circle K) clerk, cuz you want a break out of the truck-but you don't understand what he's saying and he doesn't understand what you're saying

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

You install one of those water foot massagers in the passenger side to keep your feet warm while waiting for the owners to move their car.

9. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

1- when you find that you are still looking left, right, and behind you an hour after you've gotten home.

2- when you purposely play music that the strobe light keeps the beat with.

3- when, after visiting this thread, you plow all night wondering how you can tell if you've been plowing too long.

And the best for last, you get home, your driveway needs plowed, and you bury your own car because you didn't move it prior to your arrival.

10. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

You know when you've been in the truck too long when...
    The producer of Survivor says he wants you to be in his next tv program.

SurvivorIII: the saga of the lonely snow plow operator