You might like my spring letter, let me know

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DynaMow, Mar 7, 2006.

?

What do you think

1. Wow! you do nice work

5.0%
  2. I would use it, I like it

20.0%
  3. I wouldn't use it, don't like it

60.0%
  4. Craig you suck, pay a professional

15.0%
  1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

here is my 06 spring letter, highly inspired by Born's Lawncare

spring 06.JPG

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

OK a bit long w/too much info.I think you could do the same thing only a bit simpler..rewrite

3. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

WOW that's a lot of words.

4. DynaMow

you are a wise one please help me. where would you shorten it, I thought I had alot to say. can I say all that in a shorter version. please help I am willing to change it.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I agree its to long to say hello I'm raising prices, You don't need to explain Why your raising prices the people already know. They buy gas same as you, so just tell them its gonna cost X amount more but in return can you offer something there not paying for? How about a free PH test for soil amendedment cheap and fast, and you can upsell from it. offer to take care of any small spots of snow mold free and then upsell a slit seeding. In other words give one free and then upsell from the freebie

6. DynaMow

thanks Mac, thats why you are you and I am trying to be something like you

sheshovel, i still want your ideas though

7. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Man, I think its pretty sweet...lol

8. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I actually don't find it too long, and I feel it has been written quite well. Very Good job! You may want to go one step further and include prices for some of the items such as fertilizer treatments, spring and fall cleanups, etc. that is if you have the time. I know in my are it has been a very slow winter and not much snow cover to cover the grounds making it easy for estimates. I'm just thinking ahead because I know how it is once the spring rush comes and its not uncommon to work all day and then have to do 15 estimates at the end of the day. If you could eliminate some of the estimates and do them now while your slow it might help.

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

all i send is my contract for fert and mowing. fert is to be payed before the 1 app and mowing is monthly

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I agree with sheshovel, a lot of long winded sentences. Just get to the point without being too descriptive,(too much info). It wasn't that bad though.:waving: