1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

You missed a spot!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCME, May 26, 2005.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

got a call today. customer says i missed a spot. can you stop by and fix it. it is possible i may have missed a spot. :rolleyes: but, so what i should be back in a week. what do you think.

SAWFISH LawnSite Member

She paid for a service didn't she??
    If you had paid to have your house painted and they missed a spot would you just let it go since you will need it painted again and it'll get done then?
    Or if you had your oil changed but they only put in 1/2 of the oil, But since you will need it changed again in 3,000 miles it'll be ok??
  3. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

well, that is what they say...a happy customer tells one person, an unhappy tells 10...customers like this are nightmares, but have to be appeased in some way until you can somehow professionally drop them in the future...I know of a customer of an LCO that is a true loser and a crazy fool...I mow the property next to him and two weeks ago he chased after me into my customer's property cursing and flailing his arms about...I got on the cell and called the police on him...the outburst was over some rebar that he had pegged into the ground 4 inches from a concrete border wall into the neighbors property I am cutting...he told the police that the 3 to 4 inches was his and that I should not have trimmed it--WHAT A LOSER! I don't even think the area has been surveyed...These people are out there and are alive and well...they like showing their true colors all the time--their different shades of **** brown that is...

4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I have to agree. I would at least go look and take care of it. If you get there and everything is fine, then you have a PITA. Deal with appropriately
  5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Missing spots happens from time to time. Gotta try to squeeze it into your schedule to fix it ASAP or give them a credit or a discount. Ex. If it's a 2 minute yard and you missed a spot, give them a free mowing. If it's a ten acre estate and you you left a few blades of grass give them a few dollars off their bill. It's all relative.
  6. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

aight what about this guys.... its been raining none stop for the past say 2 weeks here in new brunswick(canada) and theres a few spot u just cant get at because the water is too deep on the lawns and u cant but a mower in the water u cant even reach wit a trimmer? what do u do?
  7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Dont mow at all or get on the rubber boots and use a weedeater
  8. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

like they arent big spots just little spots in one spots not all over the yard....and its not rainin at the time just form the previous day
  9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Excuse me but I thought that we are professionals. That means you do the job right or not at all. If you missed spots and even have to ask if you should go back them maybe, just maybe you should not be doing this work. Sorry for being so blunt but I read all the time on this site how people say they want to tell the customer off or whatever. I woulder what they are doing this work for in the first place.
  10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

If you missed a spot, you are obligated to go back and fix it. She paid for all of her lawn cut, not 95% of it.