you only get what u pay for

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 18, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i never stop at delis or anything for breakfast, but i was up so early. the sign said, "pork roll and cheese sandwich, 99cents." so i stop, ask for a pork roll and cheese sandwich. she gives me this thick, great lookin sandwich. i was like, "wow, u get alot for 99 cents around here." she goes, "oh." and takes my sandwich away. im thinkin, wtf? she comes back 5 min later with this ragedy, nasty lookin sandwich with one very skinny slice of pork roll on it, and a sliver of cheese. im like, "what happened to my nice sandwich.?" she goes, "well, u should have said that u wanted the one that was on special." i said, "look sugar, the sign said pork roll and cheese, and thats what i asked for." amazing. so, when i quote a price, should i do a crappy job, and when they complain say, "oh, u wanted a good job."

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would have said give me back my sandwich or I'm telling my sister who's a Board of Health inspector I just saw a rat run behind that counter over there...LOL

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

... only in NJ!

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LOL

I would have took the crappy sandwich and left her a 2 cent tip. Just giving her your 2 cents worth.

5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Crikey, that's unbelievable!!
    Always someone out there trying to screw ya over and wreck your day.

6. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

Reminds me of when I asked for the 3-piece chicken dinner,

they brought me out 3 kernels of corn...lol

7. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

Or the roadside restaurant, 'All you can eat, $3.99'.

Ask for a second helping, they say "That's all you can eat for $3.99"

OK, I won't quit my day job.....

8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

The first and last time I stopped at a deli for breakfast was when I was 18 yo w/ two of my buddies. Rick had a roast beef something or another blah, blah special & he was the first to chow down when we got back to the car. sticking out of the perfect half moon shape bite out of the sandwich was a big, twisted, black pubic hair! Needless to say, I didn't even unwrap my sandwich - just pigeon holed it.

Avoid deli breakfasts because (1) a lot of times you're getting leftovers from the day before and/or old stock they need to move; (2) whoever it is in the kitchen at 4:00 a.m. doing prep is probably disgruntled & doesn't give a rats arse what you fire down your gullet.

9. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

Bobby,

I was expecting a little more from that story. I figured maybe she asked you to come to the back room and you gave her the REAL breakfest special.

:D

Dennis

10. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

Should done like Al Bundy and sneezed on it just before handing it back.

Dennis