"you ruined my birthday"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 14, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i want to know, how many of you guys are on prozac or hard drugs? you guys that have been in this full time for many years have seen and heard it all i'm sure, how the heck do you not "snap" on these people? story of the day: this lady is scheduled for wednesdays, with the understanding that "sh!t happens", we get there when we get there. i pull up today, the lawn is half cut. i knock(she's 78 yrs old) she says, "you ruined my birthday!! it was my birthday wednesday, and i was supposed to go out, and you never cut my grass, so i didn't go out , and i even tried to cut the grass myself. :cry: " i was at my wits end at this point. i said , "look, here's the deal. you don't have to wait for me. if you are not here to pay me, then pay me next time(she insists she has to be here to pay me every week). i can't handle this crap about ruining your birthday, i cut 60 lawns a week, in 3 days, i do what i can, i can't garentee i'll be here on wednesday, but i can garentee i'll be here every week."she closes the door, i cut her crappy lawn, then knock, she says, "i've decided you deserve a $10 a week raise. " she hands me the fee plus $10 extra bucks. why o why are people so nuts? they have medication for that u know

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta just laugh at them man :D .

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I wish that happend to me.:laugh: :laugh:

4. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, It gets harder and harder not to snap each day. Do what I do. Come home from a very hard day. Turn the volume on your answering machine down, and you ringer on the business line off. Then drink untill you no longer remember the womans name whos birthday you ruined.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

lawndod, i usually drink till i can't remember my own name

6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

:drinkup: :bday: :laugh:

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

well, maybe she was just over reacting. if she was really serious, i think she would have told you no more work, let along not give you a 10 dollar tip.

8. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

LMFAO!!

9. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby, you tell MORE stories than anyone i've ever met and i've never seen you before! lol

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LMAO