You sprayed the weeds right?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Olylawnboy, May 20, 2004.

1. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

I thought this was funny. I"m doing this old guys place in a high end res, he's in his 80's, and always had the place imaculate but had to have someone do it it as he is dealing with an injury. As we were doing the place, he came out and asked me if I would spray the weeds in the yard as they were getting out of hand. No prob right, he even pointed one out to me. I put on my backpack sprayer and walked the whole 5600 feet and sprayed every one that I could see. As I was getting ready to leave he came out and asked me if I got all the weeds. I could only tell him, yes Frank, I saw them, and I sprayed all three of them. That's all I found in the whole yard. I'm going on fifty and I hope I never get that old :)...Oly

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Cut them down early and you win. Let them go a few weeks and next thing you know -300000-. If Franks yard is imaculate then he must have done something right. Not age that makes him that way, just being brought up at a time when quality meant somthing.

3. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

We all have them, customer stopped me on the drive, "theres a daisy on the lawn in fact there are 2 of them"

It's a 7 acre site this is the lawn by the house!

daisy1.jpg

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, I wish all my customers were like that, better advertising when the yards all look awesome! Some people refuse to pay me to spray the weeds and say they can do them on their own, 2 months later they are still there.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe you're old also and thats why you only saw 3 weeds.:D Just yanking your chain!

6. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

that's awesome oly. Good story. Made me laugh.

I too hope I can be able to take that good of care of my house when I'm 80.