you think they give a cr@p about you???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 20, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

for all you do gooders, and people lovers, here is a good way to see just how much your customers care about you. raise everyones price by $2, and see what response you get. i sent all my bills out a few days ago. i jacked everyones mowing fee up by $2 bucks. i already got one b!tcher. it's only 2 freakin dollars. i can't wait to see what the other customers say. this is the reason i don't even bend over to pick up your kids toys from the lawn, if it's on the lawn, it gets cut. better hope the dogs not laying there..

2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Did they have a problem with it when they signed this year's contract stating the new increased price?

3. Danimal

Danimal LawnSite Member

Maybe if you were the kind of guy that picked up the toy they wouldn't mind 2 dollars. I try to forsee things like picking up toys before I do an estimate.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Wow, Mr. CrankyPants,
    Is life so bad for ya that you can't bend down and pick up a kids toy?
    It's like this. I go into a store to buy some donuts. Normally the donuts are 50 cents a piece. I see a sign that says the price of the donuts has increased to 75 cents a piece. Because I love donuts so much, the price increase doesn't bother me, but I'm happy I was told before I went to the register and maybe didn't have enough to cover the bill. Now a 2 buck increase on a grass customer isn't a big deal. But some people like to be given the courtesy of knowing in advance that their price has increased. And if your customers love your service as much as I love donuts, I'm sure they wouldn't mind the price increase if told in advance.
    You like donuts Bob?

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I loved the title of this thread

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

jodi, no one loves doughnuts more than i do. in fact, i really hope one day, you and i can share some doughnuts together. as to the gentleman who asked about my contract info. full service contracts went out in february, the customers i'm refering to here, are mow only clients. since we don't start mowing till april, and the bills go out on april 15th, i just enclose the renewel contract with thier first bill. now i sincerely hope the $2 doesn't cost me any customers. what if a customer says they will not renew with us at the higher fee, what would you guys do? would you then lower it back, to retain the client? or is this a different thread all together?

7. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I raised the price to over 40% of my customers to the tune of $5 each and one large one $10. So far only this Indian guy made comment & I reminded him of the price of fuel. Gotta eat pal

8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, let's see... if you go in the donut shop, the price is higher, will they lower it because you don't like the new price?
    Crawdad

9. amar

amar LawnSite Member

Their is a local co. that likes to cut kids toys, garbage, newspapers. I have a few of his accounts this season.
    Keep up the good work.

lol jackass

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Good question Crawdad, I may have to try that sometime and see if it works.

Amar please don't call Bobby names. He hears those names enough from his customers, he just comes here to relax. ;)