You think you are good with x-mas lights?

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by ovalracer44, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ovalracer44

ovalracer44 LawnSite Senior Member

2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

hopefully you get along well with the neighbors....

3. ovalracer44

They guy that did that is an electrical engineer. I thought it was a fake video (still animation, taking photos and linking them together to make a film) so I had my brother that does movie work break the video down frame by frame and it is clearly not a fake. What he said made it real was the movement of the reflections of light on the house.

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

This was done about 5 or 6 years ago, and definately not fake. Ive seen it i dont know how many times and i still love watching it! I love how it builds, brighter and brighter and so on. Trans siberian orchestra is full of some very talented musicians.

5. ovalracer44

I watched it several times in a row. I don't know whats better, this guys talent with electricity or the music.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I bought their Cd back when i saw this video and still play it every december! Really gets me in the mood! I suggest getting it, ill try and find the case so i can give you the name.

7. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

youtube.com has many different videos of this nature.

8. KCL

KCL LawnSite Member

I installed this setup on a much larger scale for the prominade mall in bolingbrook. Carson works for the company parker 3d. They sold the job, we installed it.

9. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

A guy here in town did this, pissed off one of the neighbors enough that he had a spotlight rigged in his yard shining down the street so that all the people driving by to look at the set up had the light shining right in their eyes. He didn't approve apparently.

10. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont think its that difficult to do. I have been planning on trying for years, just never have any time.

You can get the hardware and software to do this here:

http://www.lightorama.com/