You think you have pricey water

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mitchgo, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Geoflow makes a drip tubing that has both rootguard and batericide protection.
    Toro's DL2000 has Treflan to prevent root intrusion.
    Wet Flyin' Thing has the new tube with copper in the emitter to prevent root intrusion.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If you want the best in SDI look no further than Netafim.

3. c.miller143

c.miller143 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

insane
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

That's correct, in this case he was using the Hunter drip emitting line (I don't think they are antibacterial), that's how I came to be familiar with it; each emitter has a check valve built into it but like you said, it still need to be cleaned out occasionally. I usually pinch the end of the run and slide a 3" long 3/4 PVC pipe over it; makes for an easier flush down the road.

The system carries a premium to install, but at today's water rates down here, the premium recovery period is reasonable enough to warrant making the investment, specially on new construction.

5. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the tips, I'll look into the products; I usually get what my supply house carries. It don't make it the best but it do make it available NOW!:rolleyes:

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

ya need one of these

drip installer.jpg

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Looks expensive, they do make a smaller unit, I saw the vid on the tube.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

insane is right, I don't know how you guys can keep up on service for drip. Around here it gets hacked up 2 or 3 times a year either by the landscaper or homeowner (usually both) and it's pretty much useless once debris enters the line. Never seen it used for turf and hope I never do.

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

SDI? I thought that was Reagan's Strategic Defense Initiative, Star Wars....

I think we live in a world with too many acronyms to remember.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member