1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

You think you've got a bad Monday morning

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Feb 17, 2002.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just finished watching the Daytona 500 and couldn't help thinking about how pissed the groundskeeper will be tomorrow morning. LOL
  2. RON66106

RON66106 LawnSite Member
    from kcks

Did'nt look like it was striped to me!!!!!
  3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Grrr...I can't stand watching Nascar, too long and boring, I'm more of a fan of foruma 1 or Le Mans type racing. And street racing, especially if I'm driving. That right there is fun! Although I would love to do that Richard Petty (did I spell that last name right? Or is that the right person?) driving school, those stock cars can FLY!

BTW, this is in the wrong forum.
  4. Sounds like they have to know what they are doing in order to maintain perfect looking turf after the abuse it goes through.

They get paid well I'm sure.
  5. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

Man, what a race! My guy is Dale Jr. I also noticed it wasn't really striped. Yeah, that grass was really torn up after the many multiple car wrecks!
  6. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Damnit, I am stuck in the clouds I swear! I thought he was talking about a member being mad about the results of the race....I'm now getting off the computer, my brain is becoming fried as I grow dumber.

7. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I missed the end. What happened to Jarret during the last lap?
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The grass this year didn't look as good as other years. I was at the race a couple of years ago and it looked awesome. Last year was good too, but this year, it seemed to be lighter green and patchy in some areas.
  9. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Don't worry about that, they're going to rip it up for the Supercross like they do every year. I raced there in '88. I noticed it wasn't striped also. I know that the first man to the finish line is the winner but I thought the ending sucked, even though Burton is somewhat of a local. Heck, I live in NC, MOST of them are local!!!
  10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

It was striped the other day cause I was wondering what type of grass it was. I think it must have been recently cut the other day and by Sunday it had grown out enough for the stripes to disappear. You know that warm season stuff don't stripe good!