You Use Regular 2 Stroke Oil in a 4 Mix Right

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Apr 24, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

there is no 4 mix oil is there? You just use the regular Stihl oil.
  2. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just use a high quality 2-stroke oil, nothing special.
  3. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl recommends using the Stihl Ultra which is a synthetic oil due to carbon buildup issues. I say go with Amsoil!!!! Many guys are.:clapping:
  4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl recommends running the Ultra HP oil in the 4 mix engines, that is what I will be running when I am able to pick up the BR600.

already have a case of the Ultra HP in stock but I am currently using JD premium synthetic blend 2 cycle.

The ultra is supposed to be super clean and that is the ticket for the 4 mix machines from what I understand. no more no less than 50:1 and high quality 2 stroke oil. I also run 93 in my 2 stroke, not too sure how much it helps in the end but the books call for 89 or better.
  5. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

I use the regular stihl oil (orange bottle) and regular gasoline in my 4-mix weedeaters. they are run pretty much all day every day six days a week with no problems at all. i have replaced the spark plugs one time in each one....
  6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have a Shindy C4, same difference as 4Mix. I am trying Amsoil for the moment, just tried 2 tankful of Stihl Ultra, don't feel any difference from Echo oil. I am going to choose either Amsoil or Ultra. Both are full synthetic which you suppose to use.

Hi Clay Duncan
    Didn't recognize you after you change your picture. How long have you been using the orange Stihl? I am planning on settling between Ultra or Amsoil, but I would like to hear more from others that have good experience. Those engine are not the kind you can open up to look at when you are in a good mood!!!.....Like the normal 2 cycle which you can do it in 10 minutes.