1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

You wanna talk about amazing customer service!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by instyle, Oct 22, 2006.

1. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I am in the John Deere Green Fleet Program, my JD dealer also sells billy goat. I bought a new Billy goat Vacuum this spring.
    Yesterday the vacuum quit on the job, i call JD and say it quite can you help me fix it on the spot? He said just come up here and grab a new one while they fix mine. I said I am in the opposite end of town and that it would not help me out...i would loose to much time.

Lone behold 10 minutes after I talked to him, he was at my job site with a replacment machine. I was in ahhhh.....

Best service I have ever had. I will only buy equipment from them from now on.
  2. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Obviously, you are not like most customers since most customers would never be loyal despite good customer service. :laugh: :laugh:

JK..That's the belief of many on here. Anyway, that is a great example of what is lacking in a lot of businesses today. I've got a good relationship with the guy that works on my equipment too. Bought a W/B last year from another guy since he doesn't sell that brand but if I need it to be worked on he puts me in a ZTR until it is fixed even though I didn't buy it there. The bad news is that I think my employees are catching on and try to break the W/B so they can use the ZTR for a day or two. :laugh: I feel the same way about him. Will always buy equipment and use him for service work if he has what I need.
  3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for that Deere dealer! When I get a Z-turn...it WILL be a Deere...Im already sold on their Z's.
  4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

That must be one small town to get all the way across it in 10 minutes. :waving: I'm glad they were there for you.
  5. bkdlawnCo

bkdlawnCo LawnSite Member

the same thing happens here with the curtis snowplow dealer. you drive your broken down plow to there facility and they let you take a new one while yours is being fixed....even if it's in the middle of a snowstorm
  6. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

i dont think i have ever heard of a story like that before:laugh:
  7. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I knew someone was goingto say that. Yeah the city is 200 000 people, you can get anywhere is 10 - 15 min.

Yep...I came home that day and was talking to my wife, trying to figure out how we could improve our customer service to that level. I still think that was amazing. When I went to pick up my repaired vacuum...i told him to bring in 4 snow blowers for me. I think i made it worth his time.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you have a very dedicated dealer!
  9. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

good for you and them.i bought a JD WB when they first came out with that yellow deck junk heap.cut like pure garbage!went back and the guy told me to leave before he called the police! WTF? don't ever buy anything from the JD dealer in Farrugut TN near dixie lee junction! they are theiving assholes!