you wont believe this!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianslawn, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

one customer is refusing to pay his leaf clean-up. he said he timed us and we averaged $45 hr per person. he said $45/hr was outrageous for unskilled labor. thats what plumbers and electricians charge! he also said he was writing the attorney general.

fine with me. after the attorney general is done laughing, he'll have an extra $100 to pay to have the lein taken off the property, now.

i even tried calling him and discussing it, but he rudely said he was watching a ball game and did not want to be bothered right then. lucky for him, though, he'll still have 800 lawnboys to choose from next year.

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Unskilled labor huh? Didn't you clearly state your price before starting the job? Contract? :confused:

3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Even though he should have quoted the guy a price and had him sign a contract, from my understanding it's not absolutely necessary in most states...even if he goes to court over it. The guy is burning his own butt by calling the attorney general, thus admitting he hired Brian's company to perform work for him.

Before I used contracts (service agreements) I had to take a former customer to court. What won me that case is when he told the judge he never hired me but I was able to produce copies of checks where he previously paid me. Can you say "perjury"? Not only did the judge award me my case, but added interest to it.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

People like that make me sick. They think every dime they give you goes straight into your pocket. Probably thinks you just do lawn work for extra money or that you are "slow" and can't do anything else. (no offence) Iv'e seen the type before! Actually have one customer that always talks to me like I'm half ******** or slow. Ticks me off, but they pay their bills and are always generous so I just play the game...

5. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

i would take his butt to court in a heartbeat, i hate people who try to stiff us outa our hard earned money, there is a reason why he hired you to do the work , its prob to hard or dirty for him to do it .

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$45 an hour is cheap IMO...tell him he's getting quite the deal.

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

GRRRRRR, people like him pizz me off to no end:mad: Tell him he is paying you so he can sit his lazy sorry no good azz in front of the tv and watch ball games. I would burn this guy every way I could to make him pay, legally of course. I hate to be looked down on nor will I look down on anyone who works, dont care if he makes 5.15 an hour with an 8th grade education or has 10 years of college.

8. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

If you can, please find out who his plumber is because mine charges $90 ph.:eek:

9. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Did you explain that your eq

10. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

ummm... put the leaves back... call it a day.:blob1: