You wont believe this!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clallen03, Aug 19, 2006.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Today I was out mowing one of usual clients and a guy drove up and asked me if I wanted to buy a backpack blower. He said that it was just like the one I had, which is a Stihl 550. He really didn't know much at all about the blower so I thought it was going to be some BS homeowner crap. He said just wait right here and I'll bring it by. When he returned it was what he said and I was shocked.

You wont believe what this guy sold me this blower for.......$60. I almost broke my hand reaching in my pocket to get the money out.

He said that it was his but he didn't need it because he had a homeowner blower that was already to much for his yard. I dont know if he stole it but I asked and he said no, so I felt thats all I could do.

Was this great or what!!!!!! What do you'll think?

2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

He stole it.

3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

yep^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Clearly it was stolen. Lots of back pack back blowers have been dissapearing, look in the Michigna LCOs thread.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I agree with stuffdeer, really no other conclusion to come to other than it's hot.

6. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea...Read the Michigan LCO, Guys are stealing Blowers, everything, And even whole trucks and trailers.

NO WAY IN HE!! did he not steal it.

7. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

But was I wrong to buy it? This was a sthil!!!! Ha Ha

8. Jnamo

Jnamo LawnSite Member

You should have told him to wait there while you get some cash, and then go call the cops on him That bad boy was hottt!

9. bladeheart

bladeheart LawnSite Member

How could you possibly think that it wasn't stolen? Poor decision making skills on your part, but thats just one mans opinion.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

no doubt at all!!!lol