1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

You wont believe this!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clallen03, Aug 19, 2006.

1. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Don't use it because if you touch it and it is as HOT as it sounds you will burn your hands. Take it to the police!:nono:
  2. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Now 2, I bet any amount of money some lco with in 5 miles of you just lost their blower! come one if that were you that got that blower stolen youd be pissed!
  3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes then im sure the orignal owner would pay you back your 60$ to get his 400$ blower back..remember what goes around comes around, atleast atempt to do the right thing then youll feel better, if no one comes forward hey you got a great deal!!
  4. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

O.K this guy seems happy with getting the blower and i am not happy with his attitude.

But for most of us if some one sells some thing real cheap, with have two solutions buy it off him (offer half his asking price, he might take it) note all his details, rego,description etc,even get a photo whatever, dont handle the equip to much because of finger prints...and then get it check out thourouhly with the police dealers etc and we could see a conviction and the owner reunited with his equiptment.

...or we could say no thanks and every body loses, you have some body on the streets still stealing (they will sell it to some body else) and the original owner will not get it back and no conviction all adding to the problem.

So if some body offers you stolen stuff, buy the evidence and get these buggers off the street.:)

oh and mate print the genuine serial number on here and some body will check it out, good on you.
  5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

exactly ..do the right thing clallen 03 greed and bad karma will come around and bite you in the ass. let the police know :angel:
  6. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

i guess the stupid gene in your family showed its head that day. if i told this story to a 10 year old, they would know that the blower was stolen. Do the right thing and return the blower.
  7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

My local Stihl and Gravely dealer, first thing he does when EVERTHING comes in for repair, is put in serial # and all prospective clients phone, address in the computer. If any thing was stolen and reported, bingo, it is shown on his screen. I don't want to feel soooo embarassed when you take that blower for repair someday, or even adjusting carb and valve when he pulls your serial # up.
    There is no way, a BR 550 sold for $60, even cheap ryobi fetch higher than that! Out of your mind buying it.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

What would've been funny is if, by the time you got home, you realized you had bought your own backpack blower that the guy just swiped ten minutes earlier while you weren't watching LOL.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well it's against the law to buy, acquire, or be in possession of stolen equipment.

Yes, even if you did not know it was stolen and even if the thief lied to you when he sold it to you.

Of course, if you ask a thief if he stole something then the thief HAS to tell you the truth, because why would a thief lie, right?
  10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If there is an honest bone in your weekend warrior azz (which seems doubtful as there is NO WAY you couldn't have thought buying a $500 blower for $60 wasn't stolen in the first place) you'll take it straight to the police to see if they can determine by the serial number from which poor LCO it IS STOLEN from and get it back to the RIGHTFUL OWNER......anything less and you are just as bad as the sorry azz, lowlife bum that stole it!