1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

You wont believe this!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clallen03, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

911 is for emergencies. You just call detectives and give them the serial numbers. That is the least you can do. 60$ is not only a good price - its a steal.:rolleyes:
  2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i can't believe no one hasn't examined the whole part of this thread. maybe, just maybe this sell is completely legit. o.k. heres the scenerio. crack head bob has a grandmother sitting on a pile of cash. she decides to shell out 500 bucks for her grandson to have a new blower.. he takes it and sells it for 60 bucks. he just made 60 dollars profit.. free crack for him yeah....... it does indeed happen. my nephew just got a tool set for his birthday from my mom. as soon as he got it, he went to the pawn shop and pawned it and went and bought some pills. hows it go, "don't judge lest ye be judged":waving:
  3. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

Wrong, on this and everything else you have said. The purchase was from a dealer, hardly a problem.

You can argue all you want, people argue with me every day across a glass window. Then they go back to their jail cell and I go to my office.

Have a nice day.:hammerhead:
  4. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

Now you are telling fibs.

Just found my old post.
    You said;
    That is not under half price or even close. My dealer just told me that is about $50.00 off his normal retail. What someone pays where you live has nothing to do with where I live. The price is in line and not a steal or even a great deal.

Now I know why you advocated buying the stolen blower. Buying a blower you believe to be stolen is immature, wrong and illegal.

Why would you put out false information on what I said?

You could have quoted me but you didn't.

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I just had a stupid idea. Buy it, use it till you make 60 bucks with it, then turn it in to the cops lol.
  6. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't read every reply in this thread, but there seems to be one element missing from those I did read, namely that if you purchase something that turns out to be stolen, in all likelihood, you are going to be out the money you paid for it. The rightful owner is under no obligation to reimburse you (why should he?), and good luck getting it from the thief, even if they happen to prove he stole it.

I know this from personal experience. Many years ago I bought a rifle from a kid who said his grandfather left it to him. I knew the kid, and had no reason to doubt him. I knew it was a good deal for $150, but truly didn't realize the true value of around $1000 (the gun had been customized).

Anyhow, long story short, I lived in a small town, and eventually heard of this gun being stolen from a fellow I also knew. I contacted the sheriff's office, and they picked up the rifle. I eventually had to go to court and testify against the kid (18 yo). He got a slap on the hand, and chose to enter the military rather than face jail time.

I asked the prosecuting attorney about getting my money back from the kid. All they would have had to do is rule that part of the deal, but the judge didn't do it. So, in the end, the rightful owner got his rifle back. The kid never spent a day in jail, or paid a fine, and I was out $150.

I suspect the judge figured I knew it was stolen, and bought it anyway. Which, in my case, was not true, but I learned a valuable lesson, for sure. When in doubt: DON'T!