You wont belive this!! Gravely 44Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Premier, are you sure about that price for the 44z? The regular selling price for the 34Z is $3995.00. The 44Z is at least $300 - $400 more than that. The price you stated is less than dealer cost for a 44Z.
    Heck, the retail price for the Gravely homeowner-type 40" ZTR is about $2600.00.

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

opps maybe it was the homeowner 40" that was that cheap and i thought it was the 44z. sorry, hehe.

anyway, the 144z is an AWSOME machine and worth the money, if you have it!

3. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

thought the pm44 was only 400 cheaper. least my dealer said that...I think.

I am mowing hills so I may look into the 144

4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i think if you bought the pm44z you would wish you have bought the 144z for 400 more at the end of the day!!!

5. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

that is what I am thinking. I have one on order right now. should know more on Monday.

6. firekilr2

firekilr2 LawnSite Member

Check russo power for gravely price. I got the 34z for 3700.00 there.

7. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

If you guys want info , pictures, pricing, model designation etc. etc. etc. on Gravely products , why don't you look at the top of this screen ? See the icon button that says GRAVELY - we keep you cutting ? Try clicking it once and see what happens ! Ariens/Gravely has paid good yankee dollars to be a main sponsor of Lawn Site and they would be sooo disapointed to find out that you guys didn't know that all this info is right here and not being accessed by you.

The 34Z and the 44Z machines are new for 2004. They really are a reworking of the Gravely hydro pro walk mower. The mower decks are superb. Among the very best made today by any company. The hydro system is the same components as is used in their pro walk mowers and the controls are exceptionally smooth and easy to work with.

As Mowingman says above, the biggest difference for the 34 and 44Z is that the frame is narrower so that the tires are not wider than the mower deck, and they used a smaller diameter tire, closer to the size tire that is used on Walker mowers. For these two reasons, they will not opperate as well going across a steep bank as a machine with bigger or wider set wheels, but they do well enough that you will not find this to be a really serious limitation. They can get in and out of tight areas and through gates and spaces that larger machines can't do as well or at all, so everything is really a trade off.

The Dealer from Maryland that made the negative comments about these machines is completely WRONG !

Pro Street Camaro, you ought to E mail Gravely about this dealer and let them know what he told you. In effect he is really saying that the Gravely hydro pro walk mower is junk also since they are essentially the same components - and that is a complete lie !!!!