Young Crowd / Small LCO's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evergreen Lawns Inc., Feb 7, 2003.

1. Evergreen Lawns Inc.

Evergreen Lawns Inc. LawnSite Member

Seems like the lawnsite crowd is younger and younger every day. Not that its a bad thing, I myself am not that old, but seemed like there used to be more inquires from the older crowd. Also seems there arn't as many questions from some of the larger sized companies either. Anybody else see this or an I just missin something?

2. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Hey now thats high productivity mowing! :D
    Just think what you could accomplish if ya put them on 60" Z's or 12' Groundsmasters! LOL
    Though the one with the Lawn Boy looks like he means business, the others may have a future in LC too.
    They aren't yours are they Jim?

4. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

My daughter is starting in the spring.:D

03-2-7(20-6).jpg

6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Aaron,

I feel your pain. It's good you came forward and said you have had enough. This site needs more experience and wisdom, not parroting and idiocy.

I enjoy seeing young people learning a craft, or a positive outlet, and support it.

However,

Einstein once said:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

( I am guilty of parroting, at least it wasn't idiotic)

7. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

Ya Ive been on here for 2yrs now and have noticed that a lot of the older veterans have left this site. Maybe they didnt like asking questions and being given advice by people who cant even drive yet but talk like they ve been in the real game. I mean come on now there is a huge differance between living at home with mom and dad and doing this bizz And being a homeowner with a wife and 4 vehicles and bills bills bills. Even part timers have it made when I was part time my fulltime job was enough to pay everything Now my sole income is the lawn bizz and let me tell ya its ruff and the smallest mistake could ruin a person. And if it wasnt for my love of the work, just lookin at $s I would be outa this bizz so fast cuz by the time everything is said and done bills paid and stuff there isnt much left over very small profit margins in lawn cutting. But I manage to get biger every season so hopfuly one day Ill have it built up to a comfortable size.
    Sorry little off topic but my point is The big guys in this bizz dont care about jhonny 15yr olds opinions. And sometimes when I get replies to some questions I look at that persons age in there profile and see 14, 15, 16 And then say oh that explains it there still in dream land. And not even close to living in the world Im in.

Not bashing any youngins here cuz I admire there ambition and im only 24 but theyll realize when they get to the real world how distorted there views were back at age 15 I sure do.:D

8. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

"Also seems there arn't as many questions from some of the larger sized companies either. Anybody else see this or an I just missin something?"

I'm glad you posted this, I was thinking it was just me! Thought maybe I was just getting old and jaded as most of the topics just don't seem to apply to my situation anymore. Still visit tons but find that I am surfing other sites more often...I don't know maybe everything that is to be said has already been said...twice.

9. It's the kids answering questions and they are so far off, but because they have some post counts it looks like they know what they are talking about..

CHECK THE PROFILES... Search the posters posts, make sure they have a clue.

BTW where in St Louy you at?

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Got to teach them Precision mowing early!
    That is my nephew in 1998. He is a bit bigger now but still loves tractors.

He also learned that a 25HP Kohler is a junk.

wkeed (small).jpg