Young Entreperneur Landscaping LLC

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Barrett Landscaping, Dec 26, 2011.

1. zzach001

zzach001 LawnSite Member

WOW, Just read through all this conversation. I am not too active on lawnsite but come on every now and then to browse and stay up to date. But my story is similair to your guys. I just turned 22. Have had my landscaping business since 15. I do not mow or do maintenance I am actually more involved in sodding and supplying of sod. And also alot of landscape designs and clean ups. Mulch rock etc. I have done pretty well and for kids our age it is extremely rare what we are doing compared to most our age. I have a 2001 4 dr f 450 with the 7.3 as the main work truck and hauler. A 2001 bobcat 863 and my personal/ estimator/work truck 2005 dodge ram 1500.... What are your guys expectations in the next 5 years? And what are your best ways for handling the stress that comes along with us being in charge at such a young age?

2. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

my basic plan is to get through college and see where the business is then. so far we have grown signifficantly each year. so i have 3 more years to make the decision to go full bore, run it on the side, or sell it.

3. Barrett Landscaping

heres some pics of me doing tree work and a big azz stump from one monster tree

tree removal.jpg

tree temoval.jpg

4. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

dam ur climibing in shorts!! i hate doing treework in shorts....the saw dust gets in ur boots.. nice to see u have a helmet on tho, i see a lot of amatures around me not wearing helmets n ropes from the home depot. lol

5. Barrett Landscaping

yeah i dont like to but it was one of those hot days.

6. Copacabana

Copacabana LawnSite Member

Great setup! What made you go from Scag to Exmark? Keep up the great work!

7. Barrett Landscaping

i really like both equally. being that standers are really hard to find used at a good deal i went with what i could find and knew was a great platform. i liked that i can fold up the platform for transport and tight spots if needed too. i cant say enough about scag walkbehinds though. i had a tiger cub and for what it was it was great but i needed to get something a bit more versitile and with a bigger engine to handel wet grass better.

8. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Another Cincy Guy! Im 18 and own a tree and landscape company that focuses mainly in total tree care. A buddy of mine who I went to high school with owns a good size lawn and landscape company too.

Do you climb much?

9. Barrett Landscaping

i dont really do too much tree work. i do pretty basic climbing stuff and drop what i can. i have a buddy who i sub out the bigger stuff to.

10. W&Wlawncare

W&Wlawncare LawnSite Member

Barrett, you still go to Xavier?