Younger Guys on Here - Goals for 2013

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JContracting, Feb 11, 2013.

1. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

Lol do I really need to prove myself to you? I started 4 years ago only need registered from last year though. Shoot me some questions if you want. what ever your concerns may be I will address them
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

You registered a business in your name, at the age of 16. Right....
    I'm also fairly certain you cant hold an insurance policy of your own until you're 18.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. onlythebest

I was 17 and a few days when I registered what I said was misleading I was registered from mid December. And yes I hold my gl insurance policy. Maybe it's an Ontario thing never had to really look into it. I had a whole bunch more typed up but my phone died before I posted anyways its late if you have any more questions shoot em quickly or il reply tomorrow
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. nnusskern

nnusskern LawnSite Member

I started myself last season. Last year i grossed about $8,000 between mowing and landscape jobs. I have already doubled the amount of weekly clients from last year and i am hoping to pick up a few more. And it looks like i will have a total yard renovation coming in march or april which alone will be a few grand.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. B&Clawncare

B&Clawncare LawnSite Member

Oh alright. Are you licensed and insured?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Pro-Turf Lawn & Landscape

Pro-Turf Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

How do you manage doing all this if you go to school? if you do that much work do you have full time employees

7. Pro-Turf Lawn & Landscape

Pro-Turf Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

here in alabama you cant be licensed or insured until your 18. but i have liability in my dads name, you dont really need it for residential

8. onlythebest

I'm finished school now. And the last two semesters I was only there 2 days a week and getting credits for every 110 hours of work. Yes had 1 full time last year he's gone so looking for two for this year
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. nnusskern

nnusskern LawnSite Member

In process of doing so.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

You do it need more than ever for residential..what if you break a window in the house or car? What if you seriously damage a car with a rock? A lot of us smaller companies couldn't take that kind of hit.
    Posted via Mobile Device