Younger Guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John P., Dec 2, 2004.

1. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

I was just curious to know how many of you guys out there are under 20 running their own business. How larger are you, what is your set up like how many accounts side jobs and so fourth?

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

15 years old, 8 accounts, RedMax 7001, 2004 Toro Z557 (27/60) and Stihl FS110 on the way.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i like to see younger guys in business. it does not necesarily mean they will stick with this business, but it's the mindset that's important. people who are self sufficient have a completely different mindset than those who are not. stay focused young dudes, the world is truly yours for the taking

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

That was beautiful bobbygod. Truly touching. I see you do have a softer side.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

One thing I do like about this business (I suppose any business for that matter) is that the potential is unlimited. You could run a operation that grosses $500 or $1.4 billion a year. Its up to you if you fail or succeed. What are you going to do?

6. aees115

aees115 LawnSite Member

i have 65ish accounts did cut 3 days a week. 2 trucks bunch of equipment....do landscaping jobs the other 2 days like rock walls plantings stuff like that varies how may guys anywhere from 2 to 5 next year i plan to grow 150%

7. aees115

aees115 LawnSite Member

yes i am registered business and insured

8. John P.

How old are you? what got you into it?

9. aees115

aees115 LawnSite Member

i am 20. i really got into it to make some extra money and i like the outdoors........ but then people started coming to me and i had alot of connections then the real money rolled in and not the extra money. plus another thing i enjoy is playing with the toys....(im sure everyones like that though) but o really want to get into hardscaping and landscaping dont really like cutting grass. so hopefully if i make some extra cash with the snow i will be able to get a skid steer and a like a 550 dump for the new season. but i still need to foccus on school more because this will always be here.

10. John P.

How old where you when you go into it?