Your 3 best tips

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by backors, Feb 2, 2008.

1. backors

backors LawnSite Member

I'm looking for your 3 best tips. In other words, "The 3 things you MUST DO when installing a new irrigation system".

Not the obvious, but the things you are proud to know that most people don't.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

1) Drink heavily
    2) Beware of badgers
    3) See #1

3. 1.Don't step on the dirt. Makes it harder to backfill.
    2.Avoid any open ditches at the end of the day. Try to trench only what you can lay and cover in one day.
    3.Start at the valve furthest from the timer. Makes it easier to manage wire runs.
    4.Make the installer pack the heads in after he installs them. That way he is held completely responsible for the heads being set right and not the backfiller.
    5.If you see an obvious design oversight while installing correct it right then and there. Will never be easier and you can earn brownie points from the customer for caring to do it right.

That was 5. Oh well making up for Boots I guess.

4. Use primer before gluing pipe and dont be afraid if it splashes on the pipe, this is not art class....

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

ROFL, that was for my benefit heh.

6. lehrjetmx

lehrjetmx LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

1) Go early be on time
    2) Go DEEP
    3) Be home before the last street light:dancing:

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

1) All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.

2) An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.

3) Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

8. mikeny

mikeny LawnSite Member

1) call before you dig
    2) park so everyone see the lettering on your trucks
    3) post and ask to leave a lawn sign on the property
    4) make sure your company sticker is on the controller

Installing is a process, take pride in your process to produce an effective, trouble free system.

9. ROLFLMA (Rolling on linoleum floor laughing my arse off )

10. Nice Buddha quotes