Your a "SCRUB" for hiring Mexicans!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BladesAway, Sep 18, 2004.

1. BladesAway

BladesAway LawnSite Member
    from Ok

Stop hiring Mexicans. You guys talk about SCRUBS! Well YOU are no different than the guy without INSURANCE if you employ MEXICANS. Your the reason this country is is being invaded by ILLEGALS. Stop being so Darn lazy and do it like it should be done. Why are you sending your money to Mexico? They just take it and send more Mexicans to take more and more. You guys gripe about prices but do nothing about it. I have won every bid I have put out with a disclaimer that states: "I do not hire Illegal Immigrants nor will you ever see one working for Green Country Lawn and Landscape". Try and sue me for it, I'm tired of you guys saying "hire a Mexican". If you can't find a person that will help you then hike the price up. If you see a company with alot of MEXICANS call them in. Quit being the SCRUBS and do it right. Be an American with a backbone. You guys make me sick. I'm so disgusted at this point I'd like to :gunsfirin . I don't want to leave my country to Illegals I want to leave it to my boy. I want him to be able to start something and make something with it. Pull up your lips and quit pouting it"s time someone put it to you. How many people do you know in the roofing business if you don't put an end to it now where does it stop. CHEAP CHEAP does that ring a tone, or does BROKE AND BANKRUPT sound better? "Scrubs", look at your family' do they deserve more than you? Do you want to be able to give them the world? Or do you want to just tell them that we used to be the UNITED STATES OF Mexico I mean AMERICA. Pull your head out if you start putting pressure on you competitor about their ILLEGALS then we are all better off. It has to start somewhere.

JLSLLC and Liberty Lawncare like this.
  2. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

BladesAway,
    Did you just lose a bid to a Mexican company? What about hiring H2b employees? Their Mexican but legal. What about hiring a person that has bee here seven years that is about to be a naturalized citizen? Is it Mexicans you don't like or competition? Who is a better employee, an American that is to good to work for manual labor and stays on unemployment or a legal Mexican worker that will leave his family for 9 months, get an H2b license, and work real hard for you? Morally I think the answer is pretty obvious! I will note your use of the word illegal in you post. I agree with you a scrub does do things illegally including in hiring practices. So we're in agreement there but to paint Mexicans in the melting pot of America as illegals, well that's too broad a brush. As always use a specific person not country to pass judgements. I get upset on the other side of the argument that says they're the hardest workers in the world. I know plenty that try to get out of work and need to be supervised! It's those specific people that need to be watched not generalized by there nationality!

Geoff

TClawn likes this.
  3. BladesAway

from Ok

I've not lost a bid to anyone. I bid to make money and I don't watch my competitors undercut me. I am set with 2 that hang low I'm not afraid to approach another LCO. I'm not talking about Mexicans work ethic. I'm talking about you guys that pay about 2 bucks less an hour to hire mexicans. F that I pay for my kids to go to school, I pay for their kids to go to school, I pay for their health insurance I'm tired of it. Pay the extra 2 bucks an hour and help an AMERICAN not your SOUTH AMERICAN LEACHES. Get a Clue you think your helping yourself save money but you could be charging it on the your customer.

4. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf LawnSite Member

So, What happened to you today to put you in such a good mood? I am guessing yo umight not be winning all those bids.

I take offense to your post. We "subscribe " to the H2B program and it has been one of the best business decisions that we have made. The tardiness and absenteeism has virtually disappeared because these guys want to work, dont complain and appreciate what you do for them.

Our prices are still the same as they have always been, The pay scale for these guys is the ame as it is for the guys that have worked for us for several seasons. The reason we decided to go this route is not "cheap labor" but rather to fill positions with formen and laborers that want to work.

Let me give you an example of the difference in work ethic. I had a problem with a large comercial client last week, several items needed to be adreesed very quickly. Out of 4 mowing crews, 2 came over at the end of the day to help me "fix the problems" and 2 did not. The 2 crews that came never missed a beat, jumped in and got the work knocked in a couple hours. This particular property is not even the responsability of either of these crews. I thanked them for helping and they said no problem, we know this is an important snow removal job, and we dont want to loose it.

I could go on forever of the benefits that we have found. Is it perfect? No, Still have issues to deal with when you have that many employees. I agree with you about hiring illegals, that tends to pi$$me off, the same as these guys that pay their buddy cash under the table.

I dont mean to be wordy, or offend you in any way. I havent even been to LAWNSITE for quite a while, but I got on, saw your post and was in one of those moods. If you are going to Louosville, and would like to talk about H2B or just immigrant workers, PM me and we can get together. It might even help your business.

5. BladesAway

from Ok

Hey geoffery I'm not trying to explode on you. Sorry if I came across wrong. I'm just tired of all the handouts. My wife is a school teacher and most of her Hispanic students are ILLEGAL. Instead of my kids getting the benefit of the extra attention they get squat. I'm tired of it all. I pay out the buttox for health insurance and the mexicans get it for free. The fact is if we wouldn't hire them they wouldn't be here. It's our own fault the prices are staying the same and the reason is the cheap labor. I'm done with it. I'm doing all I can do here but I need help. I always see just hire a mexican and that hacks me off. Just hire an American and charge 2 bucks more a lawn and you will keep the good ones.

olderthandirt likes this.
  6. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Mexicans? or Mexican Americans? As apposed to European Americans, like you. Not all Hispanics are Mexican. Some are South American Americans. Dude, lighten up.

Rex Mann likes this.
  7. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Blades away I understand what you mean. Illeagal or work visa imported hispanics are ruining our economy. :angry: I am with you hire american CITZEN"S if you are an american and speak ENGLISH good to go. If you are illeagal :gunsfirin GET OUT! You get a point from me. :drinkup:

NC Scaper likes this.
  8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

What the he!! is a mexican american? or a europrean american? or an african american? You are either an american or your not! The same with hispanics either you are or your not. This question comes from an Irish , german , polish ,slovienian , ukraininn , Italian, American. :D Pretty impressive title from someone born in the USA

Mac

9. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have to agree with BLADESAWAY. The rest of you guys have your heads buried in the sand (or somewhere else!) on this matter!!!

My understanding of h2b is that there were about 65,000 LEGAL spots this year for that program. We have more than 65k in Indianapolis!!! More than 90% are ILLEGAL! We had a big scandal here last year at the BMV because they were providing undocumented aliens (illegals) with licenses for $$$ under the table. Not just MEXICANS, but OTM's too (Other Than Mexican) (central & south americans).

There are literally a million running across the Arizona/Mexico border every year!

The McDonald's around here would have to close up shop without them. There are always at least 10 Hispanics workers in them at all times!

Recently, our Senator Lugar reunited an illegal mother with her illegal daughter that was kidnapped by the mother's illegal boyfriend. He took the girl from Lafayette, IN and drove to Mexico. The mom didn't want to go get her because she was afraid they wouldn't let her back in the country because she was illegal. Well our Senator thought it was worth while to USE OUR TAX DOLLARS to fly the mom to Mexico and fly them both back & give the exemption from the LAW and let them back into the country!!!

My wife is also a teacher and what BLADESAWAY's wife says is true here too!

Mike

Liberty Lawncare and NC Scaper like this.
  10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

TU QUIERO NO MEXICANOS! SI SI :realmad:

Liberty Lawncare likes this.