Your a true hardscaper if..

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Mar 11, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Being at a couple home shows, i talk to alot of different landscape companies.

Within 2 or 3 minutes i can normally tell if the person is a 'true hardscaper' or not.

We all know what makes a true redneck, but what makes a true hardscaper??

For one, you can NEVER put profit over quality. I am sick of people telling me they will do the job 'this way' if the money is 'good' and 'that' way if the money is not.

Matt

2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

You are not a true hardscaper unless you devote more than 50% of your business to hardscape installs. And I'm not talking about a huge planting job w/ a 100 sq. ft walkway in it.

Chris

3. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

Your are not a true hardscaper unless you have worn off your fingerprints and had your fingertips bleed.
    :weightlifter:

4. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

You are a true hardscaper if you get up on Sunday morning (your off day) and strap on your knee pads before you go downstairs to read the paper.

5. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

you're a true hardscaper if your nose and lint trap in your clothes dryer has enough sand and stone dust particles in them to form into a large brick

6. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

All your Carhartt dungarees have faded to the same color...it didn't matter what color they were when they started.

You wear round point shovels out...they all have a concave semi-circle where there used to be a point.

Your work boots have holes in the toes and the steel toe shows through.

You have digging bars that aren't straight.

Your pick mattocks are as rounded as a spoon...and only 4" long.

Plastic tray wheelbarrow!! What the f good are those? You can't make your steel trays last longer than 2 seasons.

You mix mortar and concrete on a sheet of plywood because its faster and easier than those little rental drum mixers.

There is no such a thing as too large a boulder...you just don't have the right amount of leverage.

7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

You are a true hardscaper if you have a favorite hammer.

You are a true hardscaper if you own every level ever manufactured. Some havent seen the light of day in years but you know they are somewhere.

You are a true hardscaper if a line level is your best friend.

8. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Your not a true hardscaper if you have your original block hammer, you should have buried a few with the back fill.
    Mike

9. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

You know your a hardscaper when ... you get home at night and the portland in your hair is hard as a rock.

10. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

You know you are a true hardcaper when you can different brands of pavers from a mile away. (btw Im not as of yet)