Your advise

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by midwest guy, Feb 20, 2005.

1. midwest guy

midwest guy LawnSite Member

I have narrowed my search to 2 different mowers and need your advise for a good starting machine.
    (1)Redhawk 36" walk behind,15hp kohler,$1800
    (2)Exmark 36" walk behind,15hp kaw,$2499
    Both will give a package deal=mower,trimmer and blower.
    Both have fixed decks and pstol grip. Redhawk dealer sells comm.grade echo trimmers/blowers
    Exmark dealer sells shindaiwa trimmers/blowers Can finance at both places,redhawk dealer I would start payments right away.
    Exmark is 0% interest,0 down no payments till feb.06.
    Service after sale redhawk would be better but would not have a loaner if mine was down.
    Exmark dealer,great people easy to work with and could get a loaner 6 days a week.Exmark dealer is about 15 miles away,redhawk is 2 miles away.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

ExMark makes excellent mowers but it is $600 more than the Redhawk....

If this is a starter mower I would probably save the extra money and try the Redhawk...depends on how lawns you are going to do

If you want the best overall quality..of course get the ExMark but if you need to save money get the Redhawk and your handheld stuff will almost be free!!

Good luck!!

3. midwest guy

midwest guy LawnSite Member

Great point you made,I was leaning that way too.
    And when this takes off like wild horses then spend the money on exmark and use the redhawk a back up mower.
    Thanks for your imput.