"Your aerator gave my lawn grubs"

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mikesturf, Nov 1, 2007.

1. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Ummm, dude, how do you know, exactly, that urine is salty? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

======================

In response to the rest of this, since it's all indirectly pointed at me, I will say this: first off, I run liquid until the winterizer app comes. Second, I don't apply it until the lawns begin going into dormancy. Third, I will point you to another thread where winterizers are discussed - wherein there's input from those turfgrass dr's...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=202836

While I don't claim in any way to know all the answers, I still firmly believe that a blanket statement that straight urea is nothing but evil... is pure crap. Urea is the form of fertilizer I dissolve in each of my applications (among other nutrients). And I've enough years under my belt to KNOW I'm helping the lawns, not hurting them. I'm not going to defend myself on that. I've nothing to prove to you.

2. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Someone should start this new thread:

How far can we get off the topic of this thread?
    :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

3. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I can't even take the stupidity anymore, I would have said if anything my aerator killed your frigging grubs.

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I hydroseeded a lawn once in late June, they didnt water, crabgrass came in, they accused me of seeding it with crabgrass. I said you didnt water it thats why you got crabgrass and find me a crabgrass farmer that sells crabgrass and ill give you double your money back

5. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know, I have seen some guys who looked like they were trying pretty hard to be crab grass farmers...

Ah urea, the cause and solution to all of mans problems.
    Oh, my bad, its beer that's the cause, urea is the effect....