1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Your best account/customer

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Mar 1, 2012.

1. My highest resi is 1,750/mo. It's under an acre with little grass and mostly plants. I'm bidding on another resi right now that is $1690/mo. We have a lot of these kind of properties around here. Sounds like commercial work in your area pays very well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Salcido Lawn

Salcido Lawn LawnSite Member

Around here, commercial work is where it's at!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Complete opposite here IMO. It is very lowball and cutthroat. HOA is even worse.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Salcido Lawn

How big of crews do y'all run? I run 2 & 3 man crews. How much can a 2 man crew gross a year?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Right now it's me and 1 employee. Depending on properties, a 2 man crew should easily gross 120k/year when you factor in extras.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Salcido Lawn

I try to hit about $150k per yr for my 2 man crews and $200k+ for my 3 man crews.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Yea, 150k is a good number IMO. The key is the extras.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Salcido Lawn

I agree
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Salcido Lawn

My favorites are mulch jobs. Quick easy money!! I have a couple of jobs that pay about $3,500 for a mulch job that takes me about 10 man hours and about $600 in material.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. That's why the high-end resi's are so good. Lots of landscape renovations, mulch, flowers, fertilizer, tree work, etc. I have one resi on an acre that I've been maintaining for 1.5 years and have done around 4-k in extras, just mulch and tree work mainly.
    Posted via Mobile Device