Your best and worst piece of equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, Jan 8, 2005.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Out of all your equipment, what piece do you love and what do you hate?
    I will start this thing out.

Best...............John Deere GT235 well built affordable tractor

Worst.............Gravely 1844 ZTR lots of problems, my own fault I bought this mower for two jobs out of all the other ones so I did not want to spend a lot. A very well lesson learned here. Buy only commercial equip.

Whats yours??????????????????

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you on the GT-235, very good machine.

3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Homelite Bandit top handle chain saw. You know one of those little 10 inch bar $80 jobs. Best peace I ever owned. Had it for more years than I remember, dropped it from 40 feet one day. It rides around in the back of my truck in the weather all season, and starts every time.
    Echo Hedge trimmer, dam thing smokes so bad I might as well start smoking cigs again. I hate that trimmer!

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Best: Toro Z Master 23hp 52"
    Worst: Weedeater hand held blower (should have know better than to buy a $45.00 blower!)

5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Before the sale, the best was the A300 Bobcat. The worst was a Billygoat Vac. Piece of junk.

6. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Best - Walker 26hp EFI 48" GHS
    Worst - Finn Bark Blower (Not because it's a bad machine, because we don't have the accounts anymore :angry: ) Now we use it about 6 times a year at $1,500/month x 12 months = $3,000/ use :cry:

Chris

7. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Best would be my ez dumper because of all the time it has save me over the last 2 years, worst would be my lexmark printer, I could never get it to print, and when it did print it would not stop printing. I ended up throwing it through the office door into the kitchen in a fit of rage and completely smashing it in pieces. My wife just stood there giving me a strange look and told me I needed help :p

My advice is never buy a printer that costs LESS than the replacement ink cartriges it uses.

8. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Best: Old Snapper (Kees) 36" w/b bought in 87 Fried the Briggs motor then fried a Tecumseh, Then bought a Kohler. It's been like new money ever since. Still use regularly.

Worst: Murray 20" push mower. Used it for rough spots and hills. Stone Junk.

P.S. As someone said, those echo hedge trimmers smoke like an old Dodge early in the morning.

9. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

So which lexmark printer was this grshppr? My wife just bought me a Z515 because it was cheaper than buying new cartridges for my other printer.

My worse piece of equipment was a mcculloch weedeater/edger head attachment for my son to use. Thought since it was lighter weight he might be able to use it. It did work pretty good but the dang thing leaked gas out of the cap, what good does that do. Took it back and never bought anything like that again.

10. benslandscapingny

benslandscapingny LawnSite Member

best - BOB CAT 48' 15 KOHLER

INEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH BAD EQUIPMENT