Your Best Stick Edger and Pack Blower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by steviepowers, Feb 9, 2006.

1. steviepowers

steviepowers LawnSite Member

Allright. Gimme what ya got. What is YOUR favorite stick edger and backpack blower. Or, for a newbie... what are some quality brands to check into.

2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I bought a brand new echo pb751 over the summer, and so far its my favorite backpack!

3. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Very simple answer. Edger- Redmax HEZ2500S (I prefer straight shaft edgers) Backpack Blower- it's a tie Redmax 7001 and Redmax 8000. Redmax handhelds are hard to beat and have the best warranty in the business.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

B/P ebz8000 all the way!!!!:gunsfirin

5. RedMaxrules

RedMaxrules LawnSite Member

I use a 2500 series RedMax stick edger and 7001 blower. You could look into RedMax, Echo, and Stihl. In my opinion these are your three best options for professional blowers. There are many out there so make sure you talk to people who use different types and if possible try different models and makes.
    The blowing capacities are all very similar in comparitive models but some fit you better and most importantly some companies stand behind their products and warranties better than others.