Your choice for a new mower battery?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GarPA, Dec 10, 2004.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Duralast does not make a mower battery according to the local store.
    A battery store here carries a Douglas which is what came with the mower ...300 cca's at 29.99. I got 4 years out of the current one so I think I'll just go with the Douglas as it performed ok and the price is right.
    thanks for the info guys

2. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

Interstate make great batteries and will deliver to your business. Also check yellow pages for a battery wharehouse in your area. We have about 3 wharehouses in our area that supplies batteries for anything(toys, phones, auto, truck, etc.).

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I was gonna say try the interstate battery also, I have had real good luck with them and they have more stores nationwide than any one else I think because they use repair shops alot to retail them. If they havent changed the web site you can go to it and type in your zip and get the closest dealer. 4 years is great and I agree and the post about the NAPA battery, about 1 year then junk it. In batteries it truly is '' you get what you pay for''

4. tropicallawnman

tropicallawnman LawnSite Member

My father-in-law works for Johnson Controls. They make batteries for Walmart,Sears ,Pep Boys, Interstate, Advanced and almost everbody else. They are all the same just a different color or label. They only real diffeerence is price.

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Enerstate here

6. rockytopp

rockytopp LawnSite Member

Hey gang,
    just my two cents, Interstate battery is one of the largest companys procucing battery's. they make therm for many other stores that want there name on a battery. Or you can buy the brand name and then of course your buying the name. It is a great battery to run with though, and the cranking amps will make a diffrence. also I think if all is well useing a huge battery to crank a motor , after all voltage is what it is. Only diffrence , if it don't start in a few turns then be smart. STOP Cranking until you figure out what is wrong. them thar starters are costly.