your company's designed web sites

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Sep 12, 2000.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i registered a doename name last mo, and started to design a web page myself (one of those free sites). seem like always running out of time to work on it.
    my question is: for those of you who have a site is it expensave to hire a company to do it.?

is there any maintenance cost through the year?

what are some things to look out for?

i see a lot of free sites that you can build a site on,is it worth it to stick to one of them?
    thanks anthony

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at my site just started it so still in beginning stages http://www.ideallandscaping.com its around $25.00 month go to http://www.nebs.com thats a great place to make up a web site and all your lawn stationary needs remember to say we sent ya, good luck

3. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

I'll design it for $125 per page.

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah the web site is free!!!!!!!! you mat choose many options but go for the gold service at $25.00 month thats your ONLY CHARGE!!!!!!

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I pay $8.25 per month for hosting and unlimited email and hits. I designed and published my site. Would be willing to help, give me a call if interested.

Ray

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

Hi,
    I may be 15 but i am well into the job of website development. I have made about 10 pages on those free things, and am working on my first serious page. I use microsoft frontpage and love it! It is for my uncles business and i enjoy it greatly. since its family and im not a pro i get around $6 an hour. but he pays for expenses and such. I am not sure what we pay for the domain name and webspace but i heard its hardly anything. After seeing what frontpage can do i hate those free pages! After a while if time permits i will be open for making more pages, feel free to email me. Here is the page i am making and maintaining. http://www.nutrasoils.com

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I designed my website in a couple evenings and got a couple pages up and then I just kept adding to it. I didn't register a domain name until a couple months ago. I had it on my ISP which was Prodigy, where I had 3 Meg of free space, but decided to get a domain name and have a spot to call my own. All you need to start a site is 1 page and just put your company name on it and you have a website. Just add to it when you have time. I used MS Publisher to do mine and I now have MS Front Page, which I am learning how to use. Start with something easy to use. I thought MS Publisher was easy to learn. If you hire someone to do your site, it will cost you to have it done and so much a year to host it, plus any updates would be extra. Hey, it's a lot of fun to design one and if I can do it, anyone can. :)

8. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI

Where and how do you register a domain name?

9. Hello:

Front Page 2000 is a very nice program & it gets better as the up grades come out. I use it quite a bit. I've been using it for about 4 years & love it, the possibilities are unlimited. Their newsgroup is out of this world, they can help you better MSFP2K tech support can in most cases!

You should be able to get it hosted for about 21.95 a month or less. Unless you are going to be using ASP,MSQL,php3 or some of that other High Tech Mumbo Jumbo? Then the monthly fee will be more.

If you think you are going to be working on it a lot you probably need to learn it yourself. 50 to 1000 hours min to learn it & get the basics. LOL, Anybody can do it, it's just like cutting grass but to be very good you got to get past the learning curve!

If you just want a site & not make very many changes then I suggest you pay someone to build it for you. If you do decide to hire someone else to do it make sure they can go back later to do changes for you. Also get yourself pieces of paper & decide exactly how you want it, this alone will save you lots of extra charges. Look at lotsa sites & build yours from bits & pieces of others.

If you decide to have one built & can come up with idea of what you want, I would be glad to quote you a price. I'm not cheap & my work speaks for it's self. Just click on the link below or the little red house. I can also give you the URL of a pop secret site that I've been working on that has built in databases & will be a very well known site in time to come. E-mail me if your interested?

BTW,I kick butt on search engines AOL#11, Excite#6, HotBot#10, GoTo.com#10 & the list goes on. I knows them search engines & haven't even tried to bring them back up in months. A lot of folks have to pay the bucks just to get listing not near as good.

10. dhicks

dhicks Member

I did my own Website to include animated GIFs and free Java code. The site went live sometime during May 2000 and It's the best money I have invested for advertisement. My hosting with unlimited disk space and unlimited mail accounts on the server runs $12.50 per month. What a deal.