1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Your daily average

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mitchell, Mar 9, 2001.

1. Mitchell

Mitchell LawnSite Member

I am a solo act here in Texas and when I have a full day I average about $275 a day more or less Whats YA'LLS average solo or otherwise?
  2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I am also solo and do around $350-400 a day with a 48"emark and a sulky. Typically I mow 15-17 lawns a day. I will likely do more this year though.
  3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't fly solo, but i average around $200 a day in 3 hours, i had to slow my growth until i was finished in sports and school, but i am now so for people in my area beware!!!!!
  4. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

$900 to $1200 a day. Its me and two helpers with a grasshopper, bobcat ztr and 36... $1200 would be the commercial day and about 900 would be the average on days we do residentials..
  5. 1st impressions

1st impressions LawnSite Member

I average about $750 a day with 2 employees. We make about
    28 stops a day. These are just mowing numbers and does not
    include other maintenance work.
  6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Me and my helper average close to $1000.00 a day, man he is one helluva worker this guy! He can out mow most of the guy.s in this town with that little reel mower and the quality is there man..........I mean top notch! I.m sending his brother through college right now, gonna get his Turf Science degree then we.re gonna kick some butt in my town.

If any of ya.ll need any help, I think he has some Yankee cousins. I.ll see if he will give them a call and hook you up!

Awesome worker............$1000.00 a day......every day!
    I pay him really well too, wouldn.t want to lose him! :D
  7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! No wonder I feel I'm not making much money! I work solo (36" Exmark hydro, 21" LB), and feel I've done well to gross over $200 each day. When schedules happen to fall in good order, then maybe $260-$270, but that is tops. I work only residential properties, and never am able to cover more than 7 on any day, usually 6 at most. I do know that some days my travel route is not as efficient as it should. I do try to work 10-12 hours every day when the weather and sunshine permits. My goal is to cover 30 properties on six day work weeks.

Maybe we need to account for age in our equation - I'm nearly 60, so don't move as well as I did in years past. Also, I think I pay too close attention to details sometimes, but I consider top quality work to be important.
  8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Roger-you neeed a bigger mower-why waste time with a 36-its like getting into trucking business with a pickup-everyone else is using tractror trailers-you work all day,and get as much done as they do in one load-1 hr.Yes the equipment is more expensive,and needs more romm,it costs more to run too,but it makes much more money in much less time.I sold a 91 Dixie chopper 50" cut,to a friend of mine who was using a gravley 36 pro with a pro slide,the 91 Dixie is an antique,my new 60 will run circles around it,but he cut his time in 1/2 .It used to take his 28-30 hrs to do his accounts-now wit hthat old dixie which isnt very fast,it took him 15 at the most,there is one yard he cant hold with the 50-so he uses the 36 still.Could you imagine how much time he'd save if he had a new Dixie or basically anyhting with a big deck,Zero turn.

[Edited by John DiMartino on 03-10-2001 at 06:44 PM]
  9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Roger, I agree with John, you need a bigger mower that is a ZTR. I am around your age and all I do is mow all day and I still have enough energy to come home and Moderate Lawnsite all evening. ;)

I started out with a 38 inch mower and with just one 60 inch ZTR I can do the same lawns in 1/4th the time. As they say, it takes money to make money. I would go out and do some ZTR demoing soon if I were you. You will have more energy to do the trimming and blowing after riding the lawns. :D