Your Dealer

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Gene $immons, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Would they replace for free, a belt for your ZTR which broke after exactly one week after you bought it?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL. Yep! That HAPPENED to me, actually! It was with my Gravely front deck, though.

3. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on (1) your relationship with them & (2) what was the reason it broke? - Alot of times pulley tension is the reason a belt keeps coming off and when it does - belts fray, rip, tear and break. You could prob. talk them into replacing it though.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I would hope so...We just spent 9k for a Lazer HP (and a Trac Vac) and I'm going to be a PITA!!!!! if I need anything for it.lol The manufactures and or dealers should be offering all of us free maintenance for a year with the costs of these damn things. My dealer offered me a free Pepsi so I guess should be happy with that.:hammerhead:

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

After a week hell yes. No option. I would ***** and complain till they did and cost them more money than that belt cost them.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

More likely than not mine would, but by the time I'm done running over there and back, I'm further ahead if I just slapped the spare on there that I keep in the truckbox. Then if it's major, half the time I'm still better off fixing it myself when I know I won't see my equipment for months if I drop it off. Ok, not true... If I call them numerous times every single day and hound and pound on them, they get it fixed pronto, but I just don't got the tolerance for it.

It shouldn't be like that, but they're small guys like myself (ok a little bigger), and if I don't give Jaguar dealership type of service to my own customers then I can't expect them to, either.

One thing that amazed me thou, and this is a lesson to remember if you order something like from out of state:
    Despite the shipper's claims that a manufacturer's warranty can be repaired by any authorized dealer, I learned that dealers whom you did not buy it from probably will NOT work on it lol. Yes, they'll check it out (and they do), but to get it fixed (like if it's a big problem), good luck all I gotta say.

Ahhh yes, good times, got'r fixed thou (valve problem).
    I just fix most stuff myself, I figure likely the dealer's got his hands full with folks who can't / don't want to / whatever, it's cool.
    I save myself the hassle, the fuel, the time, the labor's all the same, parts are usually cheap, I think it adds out, idk, whatever.

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Most likely yes.