your dream mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnjockey56, Oct 30, 2007.

1. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

Just a thought of all the mowers on the market what do most of you consider the holy grail of the current mowers? I mean the one mower that does it all? Mulches wet grass, durability, ease of control, easy maintenance-all wrapped in one. The main reason i ask is i mow alot of very wet grass and have never been able to get my sgag tiger cubs deck set up to be consistent in unpredictable weather and next year im on the hunt for a new machine. I'm partial to something liquid cooled and gas not diesel. Just some thoughts from anyone would be welcome.

2. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

This isnt a reply to your post so much as to the thread title, so sorry ahead of time, but I'd love me a kubota 331 60". It'd be perfect for my set up, if only they weren't so d@mn heavy:cry:

3. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

If you like everything else about the Scag try the Velocity deck. It has been said that it can overall handle everything. More of a all purpose deck than the advantage series.

4. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

it is the velocity deck

5. T Total Lawncare

Well the reports I've heard are on the 61. It's a lot more open than the 48 due to the deck being so much larger. I don't know as much about the 48. I can't recall anyone really writing any reviews on the velocity 48. But if your considering liquid cooled you must be considering a bigger mower and deck. So let me correct myself. The 61 velocity is said to do it overall.

6. T Total Lawncare

I know this much, if your cutting a lot of wet sappy grass. Stay away from anything with really constricting baffles. Go with something more open.

7. loom-gen

loom-gen LawnSite Member

I have mowed with both the advantage deck and the velocity deck on 61" and have noticed little change with wet grass. With high fins, they both seem the same. However, with drier grass, the velocity clumps less but paints houses green from ten feet away if you're deflector may happen to be up.