Your everride inputs wanted

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Oct 21, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

In the long battle/decisions on What my first big investment ZTR will be.......
    I came across everrides 19hp Warrior. Then I noticed the 52" standers are $5,000.00.
    what do yall think about the warriors? What do yall think about the standers in general compared to a rider?

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Might want to hold off on a purchase of any Everide product. The company is bankrupt and shut down for good. Currently there is no one to back up the warranty on their machines. It is possible another company will restart prioduction, but there is a possibility no more Everide brand products will ever be produced.

3. stevenf

I read on there website that the 3 year warranty applys to all machines purchased before September 1st 2007. They must have someone backing them up...

4. Mowingman

from Texas

no, currentrly there is no "company" iiiin existance to back them up. When a company goes into bankruptcy, they generally are released from their liabilities. Warrantys are a liability.
    If a new company takes on the task of reviving the brand, they MIGHT honor existing warranties.
    It would just be plain reckless to spend money buying any Everide or Great Dane product until this current situation is cleared up.
    Unless your money is burning a hole in your pocket, you had better hold off, or buy some other better established brand.

5. stevenf

ok, Well what do you think about standers in general? what other companys make them? I havent seen any others

6. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Mowingman

from Texas

The John Deere and the Gravely machines were all made by ACI, the same company that made Everide.

8. stevenf

So is john deere also going out of business?

9. coxslawncare

coxslawncare LawnSite Member

no john deere isnt going out of business but they will have to start making their own stander or get out of that market. Thats a shame to hear, i have a 52/23 hornet i purchased at the begining of the year (demo with 10 hrs) for 5200. have no complaints. Had a pump belt issue but my dealer took care of it(broke 4 in 120 hrs). have had no other problems and no more issues with pump belts.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to know how can dealers continue selling these machines under the current supposed conditions? They would have to drastically lower the price, or at the very least be upfront about the warranty issues...

Then again most warranty repairs are really just something needs adjusting and so the dealers probably figure they'll honor whatever for as long as possible?

Either way, unless they already have some in stock, I know my dealer usually has to order the machine, so how does this all work?