Your Experience with Aftermarket Parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mckell68, Apr 10, 2003.

1. mckell68

mckell68 LawnSite Member

Hello,

Just wanted to put this out there as far as everyone's experience with aftermarket parts. Has anybody had problems with these, and are they as good of quality as the OEM parts? The reason for this post is aftermarket entire spindle assembly price for my exmark--$69 dealer OEM price--$243. I don't like to buy junk, but also don't care for highway robbery. Thanks---Mike

2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

We use all aftermarket parts for repairs.
    Don't see any problems that would force me to go OEM....

Interestingly enough, I know of one OEM manufacturer (of a high profile mower) that supplies one of the aftermarket vendors with spindles (same spindle, made the same way, by the manufacturer of the mower).... and the aftermarket vendor sells it (same spindle, made the same way, built by the manufacturer of the mower).... for half the price the manufacturer sells it for....

Hmmmm.........

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I will use after market parts but they must be of OEM quality and I have yet to have a problem.

Gravely_Man

4. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

We use after market parts all the time also. I've seen some aftermarket parts that were better than OEM. I can't believe the price of some OEM parts.