Your Favoriot 21 inch mower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Jun 14, 2009.

?

Best 21 inch mower

1. Lawn Boy

23.7%
  2. Toro

48.7%
  3. Exmark

5.3%
  4. John Deere

11.8%
  5. Snapper

15.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I have no intention in buying another 21 this year or next, but I just want to see what all you guys pick for the best push mower.

2. BCarlson

BCarlson LawnSite Member

Need none of the above; As far as 21"'s go I prefer Ariens you can put the snapper blade with wings that does wonders with wet grass

3. powernoje

powernoje LawnSite Member

Honda and Hustler...

4. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

None of the above, 35 year old Western Auto Wizard 4 star 22" still has the origional blade and spark plug.

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I am surprised you don't have Honda. I used to run the Toro commercial 21" mowers, they are well made, and very durable, but also very heavy. I mostly use a 21" in places where I can't get a bigger machine, like several lawns that had sections only accessible by going up and down stairs. I found the Honda HRX 217K2VKA It has the light-weight deck, super tough, great cut, easy to use and relatively inexpensive. The one I have now is on its 3rd yr and apart from oil changes and air-filter changes, it has needed nothing. It has the Smart Drive, a lot like the system on a Personal pace mower, but better built.

I love using this mower.

6. Heintooga

Heintooga LawnSite Member

I got a new Honda HRC216 last week and after about fives with it I wouldn't trade either of the Snappers for it!

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Snapper for me. I love their drive system. Ninja blade sucks though, in my opinion.

8. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I disagree, my ninja blades cut pretty nice compared to all my other 21s

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Oh really? I haven't had good luck with mine. They do mulch good, very well. However, I'm not pleased with their cut, seems like I leave too many stragglers on some lawns. Also bags well.

I'd like to try out other blades to do a comparison.

10. usually whatever is cheap.