Your Favoriot 21 inch mower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Jun 14, 2009.

Best 21 inch mower

1. Lawn Boy

2. Toro

3. Exmark

4. John Deere

5. Snapper

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

If you have alot of cutting to do with a 21 the lawnboy Commercial 22271 is sweet, real nice cut from it even while moving at a pace that you almost need to jog to keep up with it. Mulches and bags nicely the side discharge is ok but doesn't work as well as I would like in unruly grass.
  2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Commercial Husqvarna with Honda engine.
  3. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Best one ever was the lawnboy with the 2 cycle engine. The thing weighed nothing and ran forever with no maintanence. Second best for me was a 20001 husky with 0 turn front wheels and a disk clutch drive. Heavy sob when it broke though.
  4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to know more about this since I have an Areins LM SW21 with the Kawi 6hp

I have been using a Toro Super recycler [aluminum cast deck - not the steel deck version from Home Depot] on a few smaller lawns and it is turning out to be flat out faster than the Areins 21 in most situations. In fact depending on the shape and size of a small lawn the Toro can at times be more productive than my Quick 36. I've heard people bad mouth the personal pace system here on lawnsite but thus far it is flat out faster than any other 21" I have used. No fumbling with any engage levers of any type - just go & mow. All those seconds fumbling with drive levers do add up.

Toro does have a commercial version with the personal pace

I'd like to try out the Honda lawntamer mentioned to compare.
  5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

My favorite 21 inch mower is my Stihl trimmer.
  6. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

True, I picked up an old commercial 2-cycle Lawn-Boy and it has outperformed anything else I have used yet.
  7. printer88

printer88 LawnSite Member

My old reliable Snapper self propelled is awesome. It's about 20 years old and still mows great, bags well too.
  8. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, those old 2 cycle Lawn Boys were "da bomb" :laugh:

Why did they stop making such an awesome mower? You didn't have to worry about changing oil and could mow a 90 degree hill if you wanted too!
  9. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

You can thank the EPA for killing off the good lawn boys.
  10. chavezkm

chavezkm LawnSite Member

I have the same mower " Honda HRX 217K2VKA " as LawnTamer and absolutely love it. Honda definately needs to be on this list in my opinion!