1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

your favorite pre/post emergents?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Aug 12, 2007.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Was talking with some guys the other day about their favorite pre and post emergents used on crabgrass, broadleaf, sedges.....etc. Drive, Momentum, 3-way, speedzone, trimec all came up. Just curious what you guys loved to use to make your clients lawns the most weed free.
  2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I have had excellent success with Three Way spiked with Quicksilver!
    Very good and very quick kill!
  3. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

On the SC turf--Atrazine 4L is both the pre-emergent and post emergent for most broadleafs. Not much choice on the St. Augustine and centipede as post-herbicide. There're sever speciality chems for Sedges, Dollarweed and noxious weeds that we use but not in a broad spectrum. Dimension as a pre-em and Trimec Post-em on the Tn properties does a good job. Most of the turf in TN is fescue.
  4. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

ditto, my favorite combo for early spring
  5. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Early pre..barricade can be applied almost as early as dormancy..and f'n works! Late I switch over to dimension. Post...always have used trimec.
  6. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

This year I ran Calvalcade followed up with dimension-so far so good! Started with Calvalcade late March throguh early May, then Dimension throguh early June. I use Q4 with better results than Drive for post emerge crabgrass control. 1.1 oz. of the three way product of your choice for weed control with 1 1/2 qt. Lesco Sticker per 100 gal. for very little call backs. No fancy Speedzones or Momentum's here. Have been getting browning of nutsedge with Q4, but better results with sedgehammer