Your Favorite truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by skorum03, Jan 15, 2013.

1. PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC

PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC LawnSite Gold Member

2008 Dakota 2wd 3.7 v6 work truck,drift truck,rally truck,commuter rig,camping rig, storm chaser rig,and I am sure I left out some uses:laugh:

100_3213.jpg

100_3214.jpg

2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a popular choice by any means. 98 K3500 6.5L Diesel 4x4 Mods: PMD relocation kit, Steel braid oil cooler lines, Transmission cooler, and bed liner on the bottom of the doors to protect from snow and salt.

Future plans: remove the bed and put on a flatbed with ramp and dovetail to use it for dedicated mowing crew, just have to think if I want to do a 9ft or 8ft.

Jul 2012 031.jpg

Jul 2012 034.jpg

3. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Not popular? I think that thing is sweet.

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

What wheels are on your truck swampy?

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess that is natural gas correct? Did you put the setup on? any details you can provide would be very helpful.

6. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

umm stock steel with a beauty rings.

Its not a real popular truck, for the fact in the 6.5's time period the 7.3 powerstroke and the 5.9 cummins where alot more powerful engine choices. 6.5's didn't have a good dealer support or even trained mechanics to fix issues, people just got fustrated with them, and they have a weak crank in them. Also chevy's 350 or the 454 was the most popular choice in this body style.

7. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

That is true. My dad used to have a 1995 Chevy 3500 with the 6.5. It was in the shop multiple times. Everytime it was because of the same isssue. The dealerships had no clue what they were doing and it showed. It was a nice truck for sure though. He kept it for a few years after and then traded it for 1999 Ford F-250 7.3L:dancing:

8. Iceman318

Iceman318 LawnSite Member

Yeah thats an old lift gate I came across and put on last season. I ended up taking it off at the end of the season due to it just being worn out is all I can figure. It was great when it worked, but it seemed like it was broken more than it worked haha. But my biggest issue is there was an oil leak in it that I couldn't seem to find, it didn't matter what I did it wouldnt stop leaking, and I can't go leaking oil all over the customers property haha.

9. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

This is my favorite truck. Plenty of power to go around and great milage (24 avg highway, 27 on my best trip).

photo-24.JPG

10. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

Skorum- I too started out with a 2000 Silverado 1500 z71 with the 5.3 and boy did we work the piss outta that thing! It was bone stock and it never once let us down. I retired it from the mowing a few years ago with 250,000K when we replaced it with a cabover. She still runs and drives like a dream!